Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondered if anybody can help. I've just bought a 2003 307 hdi and replaced the standard clarion stereo with a sony head unit.
I've swapped the red/yellow wires to keep the stereo's memory but the stereo is staying on for a few minutes after ignition is turned off.
Is there an adaptor to sort this out or do I have to swap some wires about in the iso plug?
Many thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot. which wires need swapping in the plug? i'd sooner just swap them over before i start puttin my own feeds in. is there an adaptor that already has the wires swapped? cheers

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nope, as I said you cannot swap any wires around. If you want an aftermarket stereo in your 307 then you will have to make your own supply.

It took me 2 months swapping wires, cutting wires, searching for adaptors. Never worked. Everytime I opened my door the headunit would turn on.

G

·
As i told you in the other thread daf you can swap wires, as mine is done that way!

I dont know if the wiring changed between 2002 and 2003 but on my 2003 2.0 HDI 90 its is without a doubt working ok without running any extra feeds

I take it you still have all the iso plugs intact in yours ricg? (ie they havent been cut and rewired by someone?)

as at the time i was going via trial and error i cant remember which ones, heres what i put in the other thread

=======================

Update

I switched pin 5 or 6, (most likely 6) and 7 around

The theory i came up with at the time, someone prove me wrong here.... was that the standard radios must be like the door switches etc, and always stay illuminated when BSI is active

Therefore you are feeding this illumination feed into the switched feed of your unit, hence using the BSI as the switch

Swapping them round will give you a proper ignition controlled switch feed, but will also mean if your unit has auto dimming then this will always come into effect, you can probably switch it off on the unit itself like i did!

=======================

Mine is a sony unit as well :thumb:

G

·
Make sure you dont mess with the canbus wires (pin 2 + 3) as mixing them up with other live feeds could cause serious problems!

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks Stubbo. I've swapped pin 7 (red switch feed) to pin 6 (empty) on the iso connector coming out of the sony head unit and now everything is working fine. :)

G

·
No problem, glad to be of assistance! and now we have the definitave answer as to which wire it was!! :thumb:

There ya go daf, told you wire swapping is possible, just because it didnt work for you you shouldnt tell people to disregard the info, not a very constructive way to advise people!!

What you have to remember is your wires had been cut and rewired, so you dont know the full history behind that, me and ricg both had unmodified cabling to play with :D :p

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yea, sorry mate....when I bought my car all I had was bare wires. Wasnt too happy.

Great job, will have to remember that. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i might be a bit ignorant here or not read it properly, but which pins do you swap over? the ones coming from the car or head unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right , So iguess this is what i need to do aswell to stop the unit powering up when doors are open .

So question for me is , when u say pin 6 (for example) how do you know which is pin 6 - just for orientation sake ...

Thanks
N

1 - 15 of 15 Posts