Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had the head gasket and timing and a valve done on my 307 (55) plate it lasted about a week and now wont start . It was turning over but would not start and was smelling of petrol . A few days later I tried and a loud warning buzzer come on when I turned the key . Can anyone please tell me what this could be please as the guy who done is to busy to have a look

·
11,766 Posts
That's not good if he's "too busy". His priorities should be to fix the mess he's made.

Give him 48 hours to sort the problem then you will take the car to another garage, hire a car and invoice him for the work.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
That's not good if he's "too busy". His priorities should be to fix the mess he's made.

Give him 48 hours to sort the problem then you will take the car to another garage, hire a car and invoice him for the work.
Not forgetting to add on to the ivoice the hire car costs and other out of pocket expenses i.e. cost of phone calls etc.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
If I had done this job and it came back within a short period of time with a fault I would feel duty bound to look at it regardless of how busy I was.

The problem may be unrelated to what he done but it could well be.

Poor customer service I would find another garage AFTER he has looked at it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Im not happy iv just been told he has not changed the oil or oil filter after doing the head gasket . Can this cause me more problems

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
That would really depend on the reason for the headgasket being changed if it was in the process of doing valves due to timing belt failure then an oil change is not really necessary

If it was an overheating issue and the oil was emulsified then yes it needed doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

would the coil pack cause it not to start as I had one put on 2 weeks before the head gasket went . There is silicon all round the plug on the coil pack and someone told me its been repaired or would it be on a new one as well . sorry im a girl I know about hand bags and shoes lol

C

·
0 Posts
Lisa Was the car running before you gave it to the mechanic? If so then he needs to look at it in order to rectify the fault. Why was the coil pack and head gasket changed? I have never had a reputable garage refuse to look at a problem after they have worked on it. Where are you situated as it does not say on your profile maybe there is a member local who can advise some more reliable garages you could use nearby.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That would really depend on the reason for the headgasket being changed if it was in the process of doing valves due to timing belt failure then an oil change is not really necessary

If it was an overheating issue and the oil was emulsified then yes it needed doing.
I always do because when you take the head off some water is sure to go down an oil gallery and the remains of the head gasket etc when you clean the block up !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts