Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***Hi All My Misses Has Just Bought A 307 Hdi Xsi All Was Good For A Few Days Then Travelling At Constant Speed It Starts To Judder and surge And A Lot Of Black Smoke! ***We had it on diagnostics and the only fault which came up was the coolant***solenoid***bypass valve P1598, would this cause the symptoms I'm explaining? Also looked at new thermostat housings and they don't have any where for the***coolant temp sensor***to plug into? If anyone could help that would be great! I'm not used to these modern peugeot iv got a 306***gti***6***and is so much simpler compared to this any help would be much apreciated!

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
coolant bypass is not your problem diagnostics needs to be live data not code reading

My guess would be EGR valve clogged up or repeat sensor on turbo

If it has been messed with to delete the DPF it could be a can of worms you need better diagnostics looking at everything

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers buddy we've had it on peugeot planet but obviously not live data how easy is it to clean the egr valve? Also how do I test the repeat sensor on the turbo?

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
You need to look at the data first ideally replicate the fault then decide the true reason for the fault diving in and blindly cleaning/changing parts is unlikely to fix it

You also need to know if it has been messed with before you got it as so many people delete the DPF and end up causing more issues later

You need more info before doing anything otherwise your just pissing in the wind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ok buddy thanks for the advice what readings are normal and what are not so I no what's the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts