Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I cant get the car to start it seems when you turn the key all lights come on as normal but wont operate the starter motor I have charged the battery to full if I put a live direct to the starter motor it starts fine and runs ok but once turned off will not start again with the key also I noticed the heater fan in the car doesent work with the igniction on but if I start the car it works seems like there is a power loss from the key to the starter I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine also when I try to start the car it says stop on the dashboard and the starter motor will not crank over ???:confused:

·
5,630 Posts
Check the feed from ign switch starter circuit and switches can wear if power at switch check associated wiring etc for damage harness by gearbox good starting point.

The fan does not run on 307 if engine is not running (stupid standard feature)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for fast reply that's my mission for tomorrow night will strip down steering columb and check switch will update as I go through the car and good news about the fan then I never noticed as its the wifes car lol cheers for that info she did say the key got stuck in the car the other day and struggled to get it out ?

D

·
0 Posts
Get the engine fusebox checked. Thats what powers up the stater motor.

·
5,630 Posts
If the key jammed in the start position it may have blown the starter fuse (I think F8 20A in under bonnet fuse box)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no windy the key just would not come out she could turn it but not remove it what happens when I turn the key to start the car is it shows battery light and engine light also stop on dash and wont turn over the starter I will check power to the starter tonight I have checked fuses all ok what number fuse is the starter fuse I will test the power to that with the key turned to start also does anybody know what colour the wire is on the ignition barrel unit for the main start up so I can test for power out of the unit ? it is a 2003 2ltr hdi ? thanks for the help :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive been looking in to this and it may be ignition switch ime going to run a power test on it tonight to check for crank power ? any1 know what colour wire it is for crank power out at the ignition switch ? also if this is the fault will the keys need recoding if I change the unit ? :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D all sortid thank you all for your help and advice it was the ignition barrel in the end slight wear on the electrical unit so it wasent quite turning enough to connect the crank connection a bit of fiddeling and a small packer fitted in place to take up the wear in the fitting took care of it for now its up and running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts