Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone can help. Have got a 307 2001 2.0hdi. The car won't start. It turns over till it flattens battery. But it goes straight into economy mode. Have tried the bsi reset thing. Leaving the battery off for a while etc. to start with the car wouldn't use the remote locking. Just unlocking it locking with the keyhole in the door but I have now got that to work. Have plugged it up to to Peugeot planet and the engine ecu comes with bout seven or eight faults. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Get a new battery, ignore economy mode and then check with planet. With a failing battery you'll get all sorts of errors like those popping up to throw you off. While doing the battery check the condition of the earths.

G

·
0 Posts
I agree.

A low battery will show up all sorts of stuff.
If the battery is a bit low, it turns the engine slower which the crank sensor can't always detect - the crank sensor is supposed to see the flywheel spinning relatively quickly and give the ECU the 'go ahead' to fire the fuel injectors, in basic terms.
Get a good battery on the car, get it started and clear the faults using Planet and see what comes back again.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
You need more than fault codes you need to look at live data and the key status is it recognised is it unlocking the ecu etc planet does most of the work for you IF you use it properly

Sounds like a wiring issue though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried a newer battery on it. The one off my 306 td is only bout six month old and the car spins over really quick. Just won't fire. Light on door lock button flashes quickly too if that any help. Don't really know what I'm doin with Peugeot planet either. It's first time I've used it. Thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ok, you got the errors, but we need the error number, the P1234 code.

Second, after replacing battery, erase all errors.

Try again, and see which ones come up. Do not flatten battery, to avoid false positives.

Check ALL fuses, inside the car, under the bonnet, and the weird ones also if you must (maxi fuse box, item 5 in pic).

Also, what Eccles said, check all ground points. Corrosion/bad contact will cause all sort of weirdness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts