Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is it typical to have some noise from the turbo on the HDI 110 307's? New to Peugeot's and this may be typical, but mine makes a turbine type (bit Hoover!) noise when it kicks in.

Drives absolutely fine, doesn't appear to be down on power, but does have 160,000 miles under its belt.

I'm thinking of having the old girl remapped by SP Tuning, and just want to make sure the turbo's up to it.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
oilburner said:
Hi
Is it typical to have some noise from the turbo on the HDI 110 307's? New to Peugeot's and this may be typical, but mine makes a turbine type (bit Hoover!) noise when it kicks in.

Drives absolutely fine, doesn't appear to be down on power, but does have 160,000 miles under its belt.

I'm thinking of having the old girl remapped by SP Tuning, and just want to make sure the turbo's up to it.

Cheers
Mine makes a high pitched hoover noise. No problems with it though, i'd be more worried if you didnt hear it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
mine whistles quite loud from about 1500 rpm sounds even higher when the windows open of (course) which always makes me a bit worried that i need a new turbo :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Unless it's shrieking or smoking to buggery, don't worry. You'd whine a bit too if you were glowing cheery-red in the heat and spinning at over 200,000 RPM!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts