Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2001 307 2.0 HDi with the Siemens injection system. I have had it for a year and the 5.5l/100K (ish) on average is great but the 90hp (which might be less) is a bit lack luster at the moment.

From the forums I have read this is what I understand....
* The Siemens system is a bitch to tune
* All I really need is an intercooler for 150HP (which is my goal)
* A possible uprated clutch is needed if I am making too much torque
* A DPF/EGR delete is also good (I have disconnected the EGR vacuum lines for a "fake" delete, done 2 days ago)

My questions are...
1. If the Siemens is that horrible to tune... How easy/difficult is it to swap to the Bosch system?
2. What size intercooler would be recommended (I am currently looking at a front-mount at 510x160x65mm black one to keep it stealthy)?
3. What suspension/brake upgrades would you recommend (while keeping a smooth ride)?
4. If you have got a tuned 2.0HDi, what fuel economy are you getting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From a kinda nearby Diesel tuning house (about a 2 hours drive away) and they quoted $1550 AUD for a Dyno tune and a DPF/EGR delete. I don't know if that is a good price or not but yea.....

I did expect it to cost me a bit but I don't exactly trust a "Self-install" remap :/

How reliable are these "Self install" remaps? and what tools would I need?

·
Registered
241 Posts
An unlocked ECU might work better for you if you don't want to try to program it yourself, take a look on my website. £200 with the remap, I've got a lot in stock for the 307 so I probably have the right one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now... after a little more research... the SID801 doesn't have a Manifold Pressure sensor or electronic boost control (please correct me if I am wrong)...

Would it be worth converting to a system that has a MAP sensor and boost control (Bosch maybe?)

I am not looking to do anything right now, but it might be a project next year :)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
my bosch 110bhp has been mapped. dont see a decrease in mpg unless im flat out all the time

ive never bothered to look into getting our siemens 90bhp mapped. it just runs and runs lol:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pug just keeps going as well. Ever since I have had it I have put a new clutch on it but recently it has been giving anti-pollution faults so I thought "If I am going to track down what this fault is, I might as well do some work on it".

I have a PP2000 clone on its way (and I did check to see if it worked with the 307) so I can work out what the fault is and the "EGR Delete" I did seemed to stop the fault so I can't be sure.

Thanks for the info monty9120

·
Registered
241 Posts
Now... after a little more research... the SID801 doesn't have a Manifold Pressure sensor or electronic boost control (please correct me if I am wrong)...

Would it be worth converting to a system that has a MAP sensor and boost control (Bosch maybe?)

I am not looking to do anything right now, but it might be a project next year :)
It's a massive hassle to convert it, either buy a different car or tune it as is.
There's no benefit to having a MAP sensor, the 110 systems just have more to go wrong.

You have just as many, if not more tuning options with the 90 setup as it's simpler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts