Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.4 HDI 51 plate 307

I have now replaced both the glow plugs and the glow plug relay with new units but it still won’t start

I can start it by using loads of 'damp start' and it runs sweet as a nut. But if I allow it to cool, it won’t go - turns over, but will not start.

Where do I look next.....?

The lead running to the glow plugs - I assume this will carry a 12v supply when the key is turned, but I don’t appear to be getting this. This lead also attaches to what appears to be an earth mount at the rear of the diesel filter bracket - is this right..?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further checks

The lead going to the plugs is the 12v supply (it’s not earthling – it merely shows a connection between the plugs and it – my mistake)

On turning the key, the lead shows a 12v supply going to the plugs which lasts about 5-6 seconds, I assume this would match the heating time for the plugs and so it all seems fine.

But the car will not start......... what else could it be

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
You need to look at live data on planet to see what is not right with these no point guessing

For example we have a 406 here was running fine konked out will crank fine not starting though does with tow though

In live data cranking speed fine cam and crank syncronisation fine but fuel pressure only gets to 100bar this is too low needs at least 250bar to start NO WAY to see this without live data

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get to the 'live data' section on planet

I have the software, i'm just not an expert at it

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think its a fuel pressure issue, it will start on 'dampstart' and run fine. When the engine is warm, i can switch it off for a while and it will start again first time. Its just when it cools down i have the problem

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
So whys that not fuel pressure ?

Dampstart spins it a little faster allowing fuel pressure to reach minimum threshold allowing it to start when hot it starts because whatever is allowing the pressure to drop is sealing better when warm

parameter readings principle parameters1 read everything off while cranking from cold or a screenshot and post it all up

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Dampstart spins it a little faster allowing fuel pressure to reach minimum threshold allowing it to start when hot it starts because whatever is allowing the pressure to drop is sealing better when warm

parameter readings principle parameters1 read everything off while cranking from cold or a screenshot and post it all up
cheers for that - i will have a go tomorrow

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

How do i get to the parameter readings....?

Is it in the ECU section...?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Nipper

Funnily enough, my old audi did exactly the same, wouldn’t start and we traced it back to this. I thought we had a major leak, but it was just one of these pipes which had split forcing air into the system.

So – i did check these and they are fine on my Peugeot

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi again

I did a quick global test on PP2000 and it brought back the following Engine faults:

Engine ECU – Permanent Fault. Flowmeter signal short circuit to earth

Engine ECU – Permanent Fault. Pre heating relay circuit. Spark plugs permanent supply.

Engine ECU – Permanent Fault. Diesel pressure signal. Short circuit to positive or circuit open

Any ideas.... :confused:

I have found the parameter section, but how do I know which from the list of diesel pumps to select. There is about 12 different BOSCH ones to choose from. Is it written down somewhere on the car or can PP2000 find it for me.

D

·
0 Posts
Check the wiring to the fuel pressure sensor on the rail. There will be a yellow connector just down from it. The wires break there. It looks like a wiring problem you've got.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just thought about this, the errors may have occurred when we were ‘messing’ about with the car. Re tested it after clearing the fault codes. This time there were no faults found on the engine, so I’m assuming the wiring must be fine – it looked fine when I gave it visual check.

All the earths seem fine as well and I’m getting a good earth to the engine.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Managed to do a parameters check whilst cranking the engine, the results are as follows:

Engine speed - 161 rpm
Camshaft/crankshaft synchronisation - Yes
Measured fuel pressure - 957 bar
Reference fuel pressure - 298 bar
Fuel flow regulator - 50%
Measured injection flow - 33.32mg
Cylinder injector 1 flow correction - 0.02 mg/impulse
Cylinder injector 3 flow correction - 0.02 mg/impulse
Cylinder injector 4 flow correction - 0.02 mg/impulse
Cylinder injector 2 flow correction - 0.02 mg/impulse
Diesel output delivered by the pump ref value - -70.59
Injector control error status - no fault
Measured air flow - 518 mg/impulse
Air flow setting - 431 mg
EGR value electrovalve OCR - 100%
Pre injection advance - 13
Main injection advance - 2
Coolant temp - 0
Fuel temp - 7
Atmospheric pressure - 1000

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
That fuel pressure is way to high if that is correct then there is someting far wrong with the pressure regulation in some way

The 298 you see below it is the target pressure your reading is 3 times over that !!

Cranking speed is also a little low but you definately have a fuel pressure problem in some way either the wrong reading or something is not doing its job properly to control the pressure

1 - 20 of 28 Posts