Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i parked up my 2001, 307hdi 2.0 at my gf's came out later that evening and it just wouldn't start turned over fine, but wouldn't fire, i undid one of the injector pipes and had no fuel coming through, i took the fuel filter out and took the pipes off but still had no fuel coming through, i have undone most of the cam belt cover bolts to reveal the belt apart from one so can only just about see the belt how ever it is quite free to move the belt about, if it has snapped are these engines cam safe? if not im reckoning it's a fuel pump issue, any input would be appreciated, how ever it does no come up on the dash economy mode.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rule of thumb is you should be able to twist the belt 90 degrees - on the long free part. (if that makes any sense)

Maybe you've been super lucky and it's just jumped a tooth or two.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If cam-belt snaps they have sacrificial rockers which snap saves valves going through pistons or bending
Hope this is right, mine has had the drift/locking key on the pulley to cam break, causing it to slip out off timing, the mechanic has said the valves may be bent.

He has removed the rocker cover and said that he can't see any damage in there, but the valves still may be damaged.

Awaiting till Monday for him to fit new pulley and drift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts