Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my 54 reg 307 hdi xsi has developed a serious fault after being parked for 6 to 7 hours or more. When the car is started and I drive you can here the servo hissing the first two or three times I use the brakes, the pedal then goes hard and I have to press very hard to stop the car. At the same time the car seems to lose a lot of power as if the turbo is not working, but after maybe 400 or 500 yards the brakes return and so does the power. It also has an intermittent misfire some days and not others, there is no warning lights on the dash. I have had the car on a diagnostic machine and it shows no faults. Help, very annoying..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sounds very much like a vacuum leak, there is a T straight after the vacuum pump on the gearbox side of the engine, this supplies the turbo and brakes with vacuum to assist brakes and actuate the turbo's vane position, I had a similar issue and found the vacuum hose on the brake line to have a pin hole in it which robbed the setup of control and most importantly, stopping power.
I bought a handheld vacuum pump off eBay or Amazon to diagnose where the issue was, around £20 I think, and maybe another £10 in vacuum hose line and clips.

·
8,918 Posts
Could also be non return valve failure it was a known issue and there was a recall a good few years ago. Another possibility could be sticking valve in vac pump which can often be cured by squirting some WD40 or light oil into the outlet from the vac pump after disconnecting the vac pipe

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Whatever the reason both faults are caused by the lack of vacuum so once you find whats wrong both issues will be fixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts