Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This sound has annoyed me for a while. It was worse but i found that (alternator stator or bearing) was fried. Its still going on but less noisy. I figured its one of the bearings.

Either the wheel bearing LHS
Drive shaft support bearing
or something in the gearbox (my worse fear). I have flushed it completely around 12L, could do it one more time to see if any residual comes out

I dont think its the CV , when i full turn at a steady pace, there is no clunky noise. There is a loud noise when i accel fast whilst turning, happens when the wheels spin from stationary usually

I took a video,

Any ideas?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Jack the car up at each front wheel in turn and try rocking the wheel with hands at top and bottom. No play allowed! Also rotate the wheel whilst up and listen for graunchy bearing noise.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey madbadandold,

I did jack up the car heres what i found;

Front LH; rocking wheel with hands left and right (slight movement) and top and bottom, no movement.

Front RH; no movement at all.

No obvious grinding nosie. I read that maybe i should remove the caliper and breaks and then try to move the hub.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delayed response. I did try and rock it again, seems to be slight play very minimal from the rod end. I have ordered a bearing although still haven't pulled the hub of to see if its making a grindy noise.

When i turn the wheels the whole axle moves too, how would the bearing noise show when the axle moves? to be honest this confuses me. Does the hub and bearing spin independently of the axle and gearbox?

should be pulling hub off car this week to check if its making a grindy noise

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts