Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,

My car has it's MOT coming up soon, and I have a few questions regarding some issues.

Passenger side seat belt height adjustment:- Turns out this doesn't work. The missus is quite tall and has never tried to adjust her seatbelt, but I gave a work mate a lift recently and she was unable to move it. After getting home I pulled the cover back to take a look and it seemed that whatever mechanism allows the seat belt to slide up and down for height adjustment has snapped. The seat belt otherwise works perfectly fine, but I'm wondering if this will cause an MOT fail? I'll be getting it fixed regardless, just wondering if this needs to be done before MOT or if it can wait a few months (for the sake of my budget). Also, any idea how much it would cost?

Dashboard Readout:- My battery went a few months ago, replaced it easily enough but the stall in ignition caused the dashboard readout to reset. It's now the wrong time, and in French. When I bought the car the previous owner said he didn't have the stock radio anymore so I'm unable to change any of the settings. The time is not an issue for me as I never really look at it, and I speak enough French that I can readily understand any warnings it will send at me. Question is, with the new regulations regarding dashboard lights and what not for MOT's, will these cause a fail? Is there a way I can resolve these without access to a stock radio?

Emissions Testing & Service:- My service indicator is running low, and it's close enough to my MOT that I can just pay for a service and MOT in one. Lots of places advertise the usual Interim/Full/Major (with parts) servicing. I usually go with a Full annual service but last year the car failed on emissions. Conveniently the garage said that it passed once they put in £20 worth of some chemical and run a tenner of diesel off. Fair play, they retested for free, but I was still a bit confused. Plan this year is to give it a good run (Italian style) before going for the MOT, but I was wondering if it was worth going for the major service for the various replacement filters and fluids? Will the aforementioned filter and fluid replacements help the emissions?

A lot of questions I know, but I just want to be fully prepared for what is to come.

As always, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Seat belt wont be a problem it is tested for functionality not comfort :)

Display also not a problem only warnings for ABS airbag etc would cause issues and its only the instrument cluster they are interested in

Italian tune up is a good idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seatbelt adjuster should be ok but even if they were to fail it on you if it's like us in Ireland it should only be a visual test which doesn't cost and you just arrive to the test centre when ever u want but before the 31 days and radio display should be ok, if it's the display ok your dash with the 2 bottoms on each side then hold the 2 of them together at the same time, the right side I think changes the language and numbers ext and the left changes each option I think or else it's the other way around, for emissions there is a small tube of fluid you can buy at a local car shop that you just put straight into the diesel tank and that helps with emission, as for service it shouldn't make any odds of you leave it till after mot :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts