Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I rescently had the pleasure of a disintigrated dual mass flywheel on my (2004)307 sw 1.6 hdi (Third time it would apear!!!). I have replaced the flywheel and fitted a new clutch kit. The problem i now have is that in the morning my clutch pedal feels very light and sometimes does not return fully, also since the refit my brake pedal is spongy after the car is started..... pump it and you have a good pedal next time you brake it is spongy again. The brakes were not removed when removing the gearbox. As both systems are hydraulic Any ideas????

Cheers Eekie21

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have checked hud nuts and both are tight. Had a look at vac hoses and all appear to be fine. Where next???

D

·
0 Posts
You'll need to bleed the brake and clutch hydraulic system. They share a reservoir and fluid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bled brakes and clutch...both clutch and brake pedal had a better feel to them initially but faded again. I think I am probably looking at a master cylinder!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Id try pressure bleeding the brakes etc if you havent already.

Id say the master cylinder is probably ok, they usually fail leaving you with no brakes or hardly any pedal. Sounds like something is drawing air into the system.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Id try pressure bleeding the brakes etc if you havent already.

Id say the master cylinder is probably ok, they usually fail leaving you with no brakes or hardly any pedal. Sounds like something is drawing air into the system.
I'd have to agree, even though the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir they don't share a single master cylinder. as both systems are giving problems I'd first purge all the old fluid and replenish. Moisture in the fluid can also impair the hydraulics.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
did you replace the clutch cylinder or is it the old one?

i would rebleed from the beginning. including the calipers. check the sequence in the haynes manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts