Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Peugeot 307 HDi 2.0 that went all 10'000 km to the genuine Peugeot workshop. It has now done 145'000 and I always was very happy. Since 2 months the car stutters quite often, especially at lower speeds if driven constantly (20-30 kph). Strong acceleration is no problem. Again, if driven at higher speeds it may also stutter occassionally. At the same time I noticed more (grey) smoke from the exhaust if workload increases (acceleration/uphill). I see it mainly in my mirror at night if a car behind me has his lights on. No thick black clouds of smoke.
Took it to the garage, they said all is fine. The PAF warning light does not go on and in the diagnosis system there is no PAF failure. So all seems fine. yet the issue persist. The Peugeot guy told me that it must be the valve to the PAF filter to regenerate the PAF. He says it comes into work in a warm motor at speeds over 50 kph. Peugeot regenerated the PAF twice (load was 67%) to no avail. He now says I should probably have the PAF replaced for a cost of 3000 $ !!!!!!!!
Does this make sense? Is it not strange that the symptoms occur at 20 kph, so before the PAF regeneration valve opens?

i am dumbfounded and do not want to fork out half the value of the car for a filter if that does not help and wonder how long do PAF live anyway?

Can someone help ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have a 2007 Peugeot 307 HDi 2.0 that went all 10'000 km to the genuine Peugeot workshop. It has now done 145'000 and I always was very happy. Since 2 months the car stutters quite often, especially at lower speeds if driven constantly (20-30 kph). Strong acceleration is no problem. Again, if driven at higher speeds it may also stutter occassionally. At the same time I noticed more (grey) smoke from the exhaust if workload increases (acceleration/uphill). I see it mainly in my mirror at night if a car behind me has his lights on. No thick black clouds of smoke.
Took it to the garage, they said all is fine. The PAF warning light does not go on and in the diagnosis system there is no PAF failure. So all seems fine. yet the issue persist. The Peugeot guy told me that it must be the valve to the PAF filter to regenerate the PAF. He says it comes into work in a warm motor at speeds over 50 kph. Peugeot regenerated the PAF twice (load was 67%) to no avail. He now says I should probably have the PAF replaced for a cost of 3000 $ !!!!!!!!
Does this make sense? Is it not strange that the symptoms occur at 20 kph, so before the PAF regeneration valve opens?

i am dumbfounded and do not want to fork out half the value of the car for a filter if that does not help and wonder how long do PAF live anyway?

Can someone help ?
Thanks !
take the filter off and jet wash it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But everywhere on the net i find referrals to the FAP problem and they all have the warning light on the dashboard stating that the FAP is clogged. The diagnosis plug and this light do not indicate anything wrongvwith the FAP.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
But everywhere on the net i find referrals to the FAP problem and they all have the warning light on the dashboard stating that the FAP is clogged. The diagnosis plug and this light do not indicate anything wrongvwith the FAP.
What have you got to lose besides a few hours of your time. Jetwashing may or may not cure the problem. If it does then it was cheap as chips. If it doesn't then it's cost nothing but time. Really a no lose situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What have you got to lose besides a few hours of your time. Jetwashing may or may not cure the problem. If it does then it was cheap as chips. If it doesn't then it's cost nothing but time. Really a no lose situation.
You are right. It is just that I need to find someone to do it as I have 2 left hands and will probably kill myself in the proces........

But thanks all for your help !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts