Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I recently made the mistake of buying a Peugeot 307 2.0 HDi SW from my local auction and am now stuck.
The car started and drove home absolutely fine on the day of purchase and no warning lights on dash whatsoever. However I parked the car up and left it for a few days, only to come back to it and find the battery completely drained so had to use the key to un lcok the drivers door to gain access. Rather than mess about with charging the battery I bit the bullet and bought a new one which I have fitted to the car after a lot of fiddling.
The problem I have now is that the car locks and unlocks off the key fine and is trying to start off the ignition but it just will not fire, the glow plug light goes out after about 2 seconds so I presume these are ok, the abs and esp lights flash while turning the car over but it is just not firing at all. Since the car started ok on the previous battery I guess it must be something quite straightforward so any help would be appreciated as I have no way of towing the car anywhere

thanks in advance

Julian

·
Registered
215 Posts
hello
After turning the engine over, turn key back to first click but do not remove key, open drivers door and hear if the key in ignition alarm sounds

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys and thanks for the help so far, I have tried bumping the car to no avail and also left the key in the ignition after attempting to start and no alarm is heard when opening th door so i am assuming that its right that the transponder code has been dropped somewhere. Does anybody know how I go about getting the transponder code apart from contacting Peugeot and also when I do have the code how do I get my key re-synced to the car please? thanks again

C

·
0 Posts
Check Peugeot planet map on here as I'm sure someone may be near enough to help. Send them a message and they can recode your keys and do a diagnostic for you as well incase of any other problems

·
Registered
437 Posts
Contact a member on here called Bettyswollocks for the transponder code.

There's also a couple of ever growing threads on the subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts