Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been having problems car won't rev over 2000 with airflow connected as soon as I disconnect it the car drives good n boosts
No fault codes on planet
I checked wires today all looks normal sprayed. With electrical cleaner still no better
It was a genuine airflow meter from peugeot bout 1 or so so I don't think that can b at fault any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Same here - MAF faulty - car run better than it did when the MAF was working. No fault lights came up.

Dodgy MAF.

It's got to do with the MAF - even genuine Peugeot ones go faulty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
307 hdi

Yea I have another one I'll try changing it over 2moro
I only bought this one from peugeot last week could it b bad already ?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Did you check they gave you the right MAF - the MAF's look identical - but there are a number of different one's

Why did you change it in the first place?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well I gave them all car details n they sent me this one ,
I only bought the car n it had a airflow meter fault aswell as other faults , had other trouble with wiring that had been damaged
The car was going perfect with it connected then after few days it started this
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Peugeot parts departments are only as good as the spotty teenager who taps your car details into the computer.

As I say, my car ran better without the MAF - more pull - and without an eml. The old MAF did throw up an eml - but that was when it was on its way out.

Also, check the old and new maf part numbers make sure that they are compatible/the same.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You also mention dodgy wiring - could be when you installed the new maf you moved the wiring and made a temporary connection?

I take it that you already have pp2000 as you have read the fault codes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts