Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas my 307 hdi is using loads of diesel also the oil level has gone up so some is getting into the oil.

·
Registered
862 Posts
lezy said:
any ideas my 307 hdi is using loads of diesel also the oil level has gone up so some is getting into the oil.

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

What makes you think diesel is getting into the oil,is anything happening to the car whilst being driven?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

What makes you think diesel is getting into the oil,is anything happening to the car whilst being driven?
cheers
the oil levels gone up and smells of fuel it drives well and has no loss of power changed cam belt and pully and tensioner 2 months ago

·
Registered
862 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of Possibly a faulty injector leaking fuel into the cylinder,but you say your car is running ok. Is it possible that to much oil has been put in? when you take the oil filler cap of its not creamy white looks like mayonnaise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the moose said:
I was thinking along the lines of Possibly a faulty injector leaking fuel into the cylinder,but you say your car is running ok. Is it possible that to much oil has been put in? when you take the oil filler cap of its not creamy white looks like mayonnaise?
no cream in the valve gear or filler cap right amount of oil in the unit i thought a sticking injector flooding the bore what do you think?

·
Registered
862 Posts
lezy said:
no cream in the valve gear or filler cap right amount of oil in the unit i thought a sticking injector flooding the bore what do you think?

That would give the symptone you have described,are you able to check it out yourself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the moose said:
That would give the symptone you have described,are you able to check it out yourself?
yeah will get them checked and sonic cleaned if there up to it cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts