Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My gearbox on my 2003 307 hdi 110 started to scream its head off so I took it out went to local scrap yard.

Got one for £100 then I fitted it but there seams to be a problem it was really hard to bolt up when there was around 30mm left to go.

It seams like the drive shaft on the drivers side is too long I have just found out the box I have is off a picasso hdi and the gearbox is identical

Iv been looking online and the piccaso driveshaft is 875mm long and the 307 hdi is
925mm long could this be why its being a pig to get on ??????

If I was to change the housing that around the driveshaft (thinks its for a speedo sensor) for the original should that solve it I'm gona end up scrapping the car if I don't sort it breakers wont take the gearbox back (pigs)

Any help would be great

·
Registered
50 Posts
On the back of the gear boxes on the top you will see a number I think it 4 digit with letters and numbers these have to match up. by the sounds of it I think you have found your problem . The speed sensor is located of where the o/s drive shafts slots in to gear box

·
5,879 Posts
Its possible box is the same but bell housing is a different depth which would cause you all the problems you have, if housing is shorter gearbox body will be closer to engine.

if you struggled to tighten the last 30mm you may have damaged gearbox input shaft and/or clutch assembly by forcing input shaft deeper in to clutch/flywheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know I was thinking that I'm going to take it off today when I got it on I put it all back together and started the car and tried in every gear works fine I only noticed there was something wrong when I went to put the wheels back and both wheels would only spin at the same time like they where locked together and wouldn't spin independently. If everything Is good how hard would it be to swap the bell housing if all fails im just gona have to bite the bullet and buy another gearbox what a nightmare

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know how to remove the bell housing and if its an easy job to do?
Any help would be great before I start it

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
My gearbox on my 2003 307 hdi 110 started to scream its head off so I took it out went to local scrap yard.

Got one for £100 then I fitted it but there seams to be a problem it was really hard to bolt up when there was around 30mm left to go.

It seams like the drive shaft on the drivers side is too long I have just found out the box I have is off a picasso hdi and the gearbox is identical

Iv been looking online and the piccaso driveshaft is 875mm long and the 307 hdi is
925mm long could this be why its being a pig to get on ??????

If I was to change the housing that around the driveshaft (thinks its for a speedo sensor) for the original should that solve it I'm gona end up scrapping the car if I don't sort it breakers wont take the gearbox back (pigs)

Any help would be great
i would be having a go at the scrap yard if you asked for a 307 gear box and was sold a picasso box

·
5,879 Posts
Bell housing is easy change it bolts to gearbox body with about 10 bolts you should see them inside bell housing and a couple on the outside

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iv just took it off and the piccaso bell housing is 30mm shorter then the 307 not happy iv rang the scrap yard and told them that I want it changing or my money back they where trying to fob me off at first but in the end they agreed to Change it gona take my old on with me this time WHAT A NIGHTMARE.
There is one good thing to come out of this at least when I do have the right box in I'll be able to do it with my eyes closed....

·
5,879 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 307 factor supplied wrong clutch which appeared to fit but would not disengage so had to take whole lot out again to swop clutch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I took my gearbox back today and they really didn't want to give me a refund at all so we settled on half cash and half credit note the gearbox i need I a 20DM09 and my engine code is RHS seems to be the hardiest gearbox to find and the most expensive one as well....

·
5,879 Posts
Service box list 20DM0Z 20DM09 20DMOZ 20DMOJ as suitable gearboxes for 2.0 110 307 HDI

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All sorted now new gearbox found and fitted perfect thanks for everyone help but do have a new issue now no power now when driving but I think it could be one of my vacuum pipe as a few of them had come off when doing the gearbox so I'll have another play tomorrow see if I can sort it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea seems to be a dodgy scrap yard never used them before wont use them again well wont use them again after iv spent my credit note

1 - 15 of 15 Posts