Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put my 307 HDI into have its DMF flywheel changed.
Non Peugeot dealer rang to say its an Engine out job to get gearbox off. I was of the understanding from reading forums this job could be done engine in place.
Can anyone give me the correct procedure. I have to go to see car in the morning
Ex mechanic(not peugeot)
Thanks

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
reading other posts the cost seems to be anywhere between £800-£1200 , wether they take your engine out or not doesn`t seem to be the concern,(would thought they could do it without lifting engine)
have you had a quote or are you one of many who just leave their car in to be fixed not getting a price.
always ask for a price and never get extra work done unless they they phone you first.
personally i think peugeot should cover the cost of all flywheels since they are to blame.(good idea just cheap crappy parts used).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Follow up

Follow up on Saga .
Went and viewed the car myself this morning. Mechanic was not lying
PEUGEOT are MORONS
The 1.6 110 HDI has a allen bold going from behind FAP trough block into gearbox. The FAP filter has to come off to remove the bolt as there is no other way to get to it. Rad /condenser need to come out to to get fap unit out. If the MORONS had put a Hex bolt in it a C spaner would have goten to it
ANY sucker out ther want to buy a nice 307SW I will have one for sale next week.
Never will another French car park on my drive way. And to think the french build Nuclear reactors and Airbus's but we will not speak Ill of the dead.
The DMF is a shit design full stop.If only I had known befor I bought car. Ford no longer use it on the same engine
I personaly do not mind paying mechanic but i dont think he will ever do one again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flywheel check.

hi ya i had my 307 a few wks now but i did find sum good info from the forum,
i also checked with peugeot as some 307 had a recall due to a possable fault with flywheel. i know it was from a dealer but try ovsa vehicle recall site you must but in or find yr of man/ fac. but still give Peugeot customer service a call you may save some money. give it a try its only a phone call. PJ. good luck. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts