Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 307 hdi 2.0 on a 02 plate there are faults already on the car abs light and a slight misfire and front p/side wheel bearing starting to go.

but when was driving home from work when the stop light started flashing and the speedo went off, so i pulled over and restarted the engine and the stop light still flashing and the speedo would go to 30 and then stop working until u restarted the engine again and do the same thing over and over.

had it checked and got fault codes:
p0500

try to ask the main dealer but they wont tell me and said i would have to bring the car in and cant find them on the Internet
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
who checked the car for codes? as they dont look like fault codes also 90bhp or 110bhp

when the stop light come on did anyother lights come ie the engine check light? or on the display on the dash?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi, I have a 307 hdi 2.0 on a 02 plate there are faults already on the car abs light and a slight misfire and front p/side wheel bearing starting to go.

but when was driving home from work when the stop light started flashing and the speedo went off, so i pulled over and restarted the engine and the stop light still flashing and the speedo would go to 30 and then stop working until u restarted the engine again and do the same thing over and over.

had it checked and got fault codes:
p0500

try to ask the main dealer but they wont tell me and said i would have to bring the car in and cant find them on the Internet
Can anyone help?
P0500 Generic Vehicle Speed Sensor A

The rest i haven`t seen before , what was it read with , you need to get it onto Peugeot Planet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90bhp, yes the handbrake light came on with the flashing stop light and braking fault flashed up, it was my boss who used a snap on diagnostics to get the codes.
The faults have been cleared and the stop light and handbrake light have not come back on, but the speedo stays on but wont go above 30mph.

Was told that the p number u can get off the internet but the other codes are Peugeot codes

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
braking fault came up on mine and was an abs sensor always the back that go. the fault might come back in a day or two but i would do what bettyswollocks
says get it onto peugeot planet as thats the best tool to use

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think what i might do is just replace the wheel bearing and speed sensor (which is just a abs sensor?) and see if that will get the speedo working again short term hopefully.

Is there a easy way to test the sensor and wiring with a multimeter? if so would it read in volts or ohms?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
176 Posts
Go to a scrap yard and see if they have an ECU from a 307 hdi (2001 to 2004) you can try.

Swap the modules and see what happens. If the prolems persist then you will have atleast removed your ECU as a cause.

In the 307 1.6 HDI the ECU is located next to the battery. If memory serves you will have to remove 3 connector heads (plugs), removal is relatively easy. release the clip holding the plug (by pushing it all the way back until the plug lifts up)

Then lift the ECU straight up. Removing the battery is not necessary.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/307-ecu-12550/

D

·
0 Posts
Get a proper diagnostic check done. Post up P Codes. Those codes you have up are unknown.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think i have found the problem, by the looks part of the ABS Reluctor Ring on the front driver side is missing, tried looking on the internet to see if there is a replacement ring but cant find one :( Does any know wether it is part of the hub or something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, just a update when the car was on the ramps it looked like it had a ABS Reluctor Ring and part of it was missing, after stripping the hub down i found that it was a magnetic ring on the back of the bearing that part of it was missing. After replaceing the bearing i now have the speedo working ok :) but the stop light is still flashing :mad:

Is there a way where you can reset the ecu without having to have the car connected to diagnostics?

Would like to thank everyone for there replys :thankx:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im not very good with cars whatsoever! but i have a peugeot 307 1.4 petrol and i have a fault with the ABS which comes on whenever i start the car, or after about 30 seconds of driving and sometimes when im driving the stop light comes on with the handbrake light and the ABS light which is already on, i just ignore it which seems fine and was wondering if it was the same thing? on the main computer it comes up an says braking fault however there is no problem with breaking! so if your as stupid as me you could just ignore the fault alltogether! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speed sensor

I have much the same problem on my 2003 307 Hdi. Stop light flashing on the dash, abs light on, shows up on the central panel as a brake fault. And no speedo. Which of the sensors could be at fault? Which one does the speedo read from?

·
11,731 Posts
I have much the same problem on my 2003 307 Hdi. Stop light flashing on the dash, abs light on, shows up on the central panel as a brake fault. And no speedo. Which of the sensors could be at fault? Which one does the speedo read from?
Get a diagnostic check

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

But check the latest map as the original one is rather old and some members have now moved on.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2&msa=0&ll=54.265224,-3.383789&spn=10.238651,28.54248

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re. ABS

Sorted out the problem. The front offside driveshaft fairer clip had popped off covering everything with grease. A quick clean up and a new sensor has cured all the problems. I worked on French helicopters for over 20 years. Same marvelous build quality as peugeot. But you couldn't park them on a cloud and call out the RAC when it all went tits up. Of all things the helicopters had a lot of Renault 4 parts on them. Surprising they didn't fall out the sky that often. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts