Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a 307 HDI 52 plate.

It was a bit rough and I think the "mechanic" I bought it off patched her up for me before I got it.
When I tested it, I noticed the gear stick was a little loose/slack. Finding the gears wasn't difficult, but it didn't feel the best. Something felt worn, if you will.
Anyway, I still bought the thing.
When I got home, things started getting worse. Almost immediately, it got difficult to find reverse. I had to try a few times, and it would find it but would pop out. I'd almost force it in. (I don't mean because it was difficult to get into gear, but it was as if the gearstick wouldn't stretch far enough).
Now it won't find reverse at all.
They forward gears work ok, although the gearstick is still very slack.

Any ideas?
I;m thinking the gear selector, although I'm not sure what this looks like or how to find it to check.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 307 HDI 52 plate.

It was a bit rough and I think the "mechanic" I bought it off patched her up for me before I got it.
When I tested it, I noticed the gear stick was a little loose/slack. Finding the gears wasn't difficult, but it didn't feel the best. Something felt worn, if you will.
Anyway, I still bought the thing.
When I got home, things started getting worse. Almost immediately, it got difficult to find reverse. I had to try a few times, and it would find it but would pop out. I'd almost force it in. (I don't mean because it was difficult to get into gear, but it was as if the gearstick wouldn't stretch far enough).
Now it won't find reverse at all.
They forward gears work ok, although the gearstick is still very slack.

Any ideas?
I;m thinking the gear selector, although I'm not sure what this looks like or how to find it to check.

Thanks in advance.
I would say its gear box but there is two cables that go from gear lever to gear box and these are about £120

1 - 4 of 4 Posts