Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or problems. My 307's engine keeps cutting out. It doesn't seem to matter how long I am driving or the revs. Sometimes it start again straight away, sometimes it takes 10 or more minutes.

Sometimes while we are driving it surges, sometimes the engine just drops out. THe A/C also goes off sometimes and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the other issues.

The only fault it has shown on the dash is ACR/ESP fault, but when the mechanic runs the diagnositc, the computer says this is fine.

The mechanic has already replaced the fuse box and this has not helped, basically he has told me to keep bringing it back til it starts showing error codes.

If anyone has had these, or similar issues, please let me know, any assistance will be really greatly appreciated as this bloody machine is making me pull my hair out.

thankyou

dom

J

·
0 Posts
Check battery. Could be low power causing the faults to come about.

Do a search on here because some people have had dpf problems and egr valve problems that cause this.

I'm not clued up on this personally but all the information is here on the forums, you just need to look carefully and take everything in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks

Hi people,

Thanks so much for the help, like I said it is really, really appreciated. The mechanic had said that it might be the EGR valve, but he didn't want replace it on a whim. The diesel filter has already been replaced. I'll get him to look into the the crankshaft sensor.

The question is do you think it will fault eventually, or will we just have to pull stuff apart to see??

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on our progress

dom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI David,

I'm not sure, I will check the manual and get back to you. Is there anything else you'd want to know, year, etc

cheers

dom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts