Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Totally new to this forum and I am in need of some advice. I own a 307 HDI, which up until now has run excellent, but yesterday the warning light came on telling me to check engine coolant level, for which I did and the expansion tank was almost empty. I filled it up and carried on driving, but after a short while driving (roughly 25 miles) the warning came on again and the expansion tank was empty, but when I was filling the tank I noticed that there was a blue cap on the end of what can be described as a bleeder valve which water was squirting out fast. I tightend the cap back up and carried on my journey, but guess what, the warning has come on again and the tank is empty. I have not noticed any rise on the temp guage, it has stayed the roughly the same as normal.

Please guys, hopefully you can give me some advice.

Many thanks

Newbie Jon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Not sure if this is any help but I brought a 307 HDI 2 weeks ago and I have had numerous problems with it. I have just found out this week at 5 months ago it had a new engine and turbo, which I was not told about!!

I called the garage to find out why the engine was replaced and was told that the "coolant level" low msg was showing on the car, it was rough to drive and then the engine wouldn't start!! I thought that this was a stupid reason to change the whole engine but I spoke to my uncle who's a mechanic and he said that its most likely because the car had a problem with the turbo and it used too much of the water and because it was driven without any water its messed up the engine!! not sure whether it might be the same with your car? maybe get someone to look at the turbo?

Sorry if this is a load of rubbish!!

Kerrie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.