Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all hello everyone, Ive trawled around this site quite a few times and has been really usefull for my old 206, I have recently bought a 307 hdi Dturbo 110 04 plate and have a few querys I would like answering if poss

1st of all is clutch / flywheel, Ive read numerous threads but still a little unsure on my problem, Clutch and flywheel where replaced by Peogout around 18000 miles ago with receipe to proove, Now my clutch can at times be a bit juddery especially when in reverse, I find that slightly higher revs will allow a smoother pull off (around 1800 revs), Is that a sign that I have a flywheel clutch issue ?

If so Im going to go for a Solid flywheel which Peugout have quote £196 for the parts and a friend will fit for £130, I have read these can cause the car to drive a little different, Rougher clutch etc, and have heard of possible long term problems...., I propose to keep the car for a few years and would liek to avoid any unescesary bills!

2nd problem, Temp on my vehicle will often rise to above 100c, and fan will kick in at about 110c, No loss of Coolant but slight hiss from overspill sometimes ..?, should fan kick in earlier? or is 110c normal

3rd problem when driving at around 2000 revs mainly in 2nd or 3rd gear the car seems to missfire slightly, barely noticeable but definatly there, at high speeds the problem is diminished and doesnt effect driving, The car is great to drive apart from that, plenty pull through all gears

4th problem when going around a corner some times theres a nocking as wheels are going over bumps, Does not happen when hitting a bump in straight line only when cornering, Car does have drop links which ill check on weekend, Any other casues ?

forgot to mention, knocking is on drivers side front wheel.

Also is there anybody in tyne and wear area who could hook my car up to a diagnostics and let me no off any problems / faults?

Thanks for looking :).

·
11,780 Posts
1) Could be engine mounts.

2) This shouldn't happen. Check for airlocks and bleed the system. Maybe replace the temperature sensor.

3) Blank off the EGR valve.

All common issues well documented on here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Could be engine mounts.

2) This shouldn't happen. Check for airlocks and bleed the system. Maybe replace the temperature sensor.

3) Blank off the EGR valve.

All common issues well documented on here.
Hi gibbo thanks for quick reply ill have a look about forum and see what I can find, Re the clutch issue could this indicate clutch / flywheel problems or ?, Thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok update on my car, Still running as it should 2043875701(almost), EGR Cleaner used now alot smoother upon idle and low revs.

The knocking noise from the front of the car was a ball joint which is now fixed and no more noise

as for the temp issue its still apparent, no loss of coolant, fan comes in at 110 but not just after 90,

I have bought a replacement fan switch but cant find the location, People have said on the side of block but this is the wrong one, Aparantly its screws in the rad somewhere but i cant see it and have not had time to remove bumper, Any ideas where this is located ?

apart from that im still over joyed with my new car and plan on uploading some pics soon to show what ive done to her.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also the temp sensor you mentioned before gibbo, I have orderd a new one, Will i loose any coolant when changing, will it need bleeding again after?

Thanks.

·
11,780 Posts
Maybe a trickle, but not much. Do it when cold and give yourself room to work by removing the battery and it should be a quick two second swap over.

I never re-bled the system.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for repy gibbo :thumb:, Any info on fan switch located on radiator?, how can I check fan relays?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres a post from another forum I use with some fault codes.

1st issue is engine over heats, My fan is a 2 speed and should come on when a/c is on and when engine reaches around 90", and then a second higher speed kicks in when engine reaches 107"..., The issue im having is that my slow speed fan doesn't work at all and engine is often overheating to 107 before high speed kicks in, If i switch the air con the high speed fan kicks in and out but offers little cooling as inst constant, I had a diagnostics today which showed me a fault code of p1519 cooling function. My car isn't loosing any water and never reaches a point where I get the STOP light come on. Its driving me mad as the fan obviously works but no as it should ? any ideas would be appreciated....

2nd and last issue is a new 1 as showed up today on diag, p1453 additive system, p1442 additive quantity, p1448 particle filter overloaded, p1447 particle filter, p0100 flow sensor signal.

Could they anyway be related, Also if i have my dpf drilled out and have it remapped from ecu will this solve it ?

Sorry for such a long post and any help is really appreciated

Cheers Andy.

heres a post from another forum I use with some fault codes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed my fan issue today, In the box where the relays are located on the front of rad is a 30amp fuse, the fuse had not blown but the terminals
Where corroded and a quick scrape and new fuse fixed it, Removal of bumper wasnt neccesarry accessed under car, removed plastic cover and jacked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts