Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 307 D Turbo 110 2.0 HDi from my friend. Well, I do need some help from the lovely experts here in this forum.

When I got the 307, there were 4 warning lights on dash board. 1.Airbag 2. ESP 3.Engine coolant 4. Engine management light.

I am an IT guy with some mechanical engineering background. That is why I decided to buy it and try to fix this all by myself. (I still do not know if that was a right or wrong choice). I never driven any Peugeot car before. So everything is new to me.

1. I find the airbag fault is intermittently comes on. Sometime like 5 mins and it goes off. I believe it must be like a loose socket or some sensor fault. Well, I decided leave it to the very end.

2. ESP light, after researched for a while, I found out it is a common failure for all Peugeot car. Well, I believe as a Peugeot owner, sooner or later you will see it. But I do not know which wheel's ABS sensor got problem. I decided to buy a diagnostic tool to test it.

3. I full fill the coolant tank at night and checked it at the second morning. I found a water pool under the car. There must some leakage, well, I do have no idea how to check it. I brought a second hand Haynes Manuel. I still haven't fully go through it yet, If anybody knows how to check this problem. please give me some guide. Cheers.

4. There comes the big problem. At first I found the warning message on dashboard shows that "diesel addictive fluid level low" and after drive about 3-5 miles in city running. Another message show "antipollution fault". After research I know it is a typically DPF/FAP fault. Well, I decide remove it as most of the people did, also because the quote from a local garage about how much it will cost to fix it. I read almost every posts in this forum about DPF removal issue. (seriously, it took me about 2 weeks or so to do this.) I always want to find answers before asking help from others. I learnt that I need 3 software. PP2000 ECUSAFE and a ECU read/write one. So I brought a set of PP2000/Lexia, a copy of ECUsafe 2.0 and a copy of MPPS(also galletto 1260 but I found MPPs is better.)

Luckily I got a good guy (elmafudd) inthis forum whose car is exactly same model as mine. He gave me the dpf-removed ECU file. Another guy (HDI-tuning) helped me a lot on this DPF removal issue as well. Really appreciate their help.

What I have done till now are
1. I uploaded the new file to the engine ECU.

2.Went to a locak garage removed the DPF, cleaned the CAT(small end part) and removed the DPF. And put it back by the same guy in the garage he put all socket back and all sensors connection back. I also changed the fuel filter and air filter at the same time.

3. After that I deleted the DPF in PP2000's BSI section. I done it by here. That is the only place I modified with DPF. If I have to modify some other place, please tell me.

4. The starter motor is refurbished by myself.

Guess what, it drives very good...but only for 1-2 miles and suddenly the engine management light / ESP ABS light on at the same time. And the car become loss power and "choked", just felt like something is clogged. The engine is kind of limited at 1200rpm. I towed it back home with my mate and I scanned it with PP2000 and guess what......the errors are there.

I was shocked when I saw these errors, this car is kind of "have a cancer".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ESP and ABS fault is

The instrument panel faults are

I also checked some other parameters in the engine. When the engine is running, the fuel pressure is

When the engine stops, the 4th reading "the difference between fuel pressure xxxxxxx " is -14. I do believe it shouldn't be a negative reading.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also checked the turbo pressure. I have no idea what happened to it...is it broken? :eek:

I also noticed the acceleration pedal signal is 0% all the time. It is kind of disabled...

Well, the car now starts but choked for about 5-10 seconds, it stops itself. It drives but just stops itself and engine won't go higher than 1200rpm also no acceleration at all. I tried my best to described what happened to this car. If you got any idea about what's fault and how to fix it, or even guess what is the problem, please give me a hand. Cheers.

/bow

PS. A post can only hold 4 pictures.....so I divided it into 3 posts. Sorry for this.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow so many problems and where to start?

First of all there is another reference to the DPF that you need to change in pp2000 it's called Dust Filter (FAP) which should be changed from present to absent but I cannot remember where it is so you may need to search through and find it.

Secondly did you mod your cars ecu file with ecusafe or did you upload someone elses file? A file from another car may not work as expected? Just a thought.

Pete

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow so many problems and where to start?

First of all there is another reference to the DPF that you need to change in pp2000 it's called Dust Filter (FAP) which should be changed from present to absent but I cannot remember where it is so you may need to search through and find it.

Secondly did you mod your cars ecu file with ecusafe or did you upload someone elses file? A file from another car may not work as expected? Just a thought.

Pete
Hi Pete,

Thanks for this info, I will go to check it tonight. I did mod my ecu file with ECUsafe, But I didn't use it. The one I used is from elmafudd, his car is exactly the same as mine with a same ECU (both hardware and software model number). He gave me both the original and de-fap one done by some people. Well, I do no know is this one is done by a professional mapper or just by ECUsafe. But at least, it has been working fine on my car for a while. In fact, I will try update some other ECU file to the engine tonight to check it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lots of those faults look "electrical". Check for chafed wiring or loose/disconnected earth wires.
Well, that is exactly what I thought. The car can not get so many faults within one second. But....when I opened the engine bonnet I have no clue at all :( Any idea or guide how to check it? Cheers

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I would clear as many faults as possible , reset all counters for DPF and tell its had a new Filter ,
reload original file and see what happens

·
Registered
741 Posts
Did it actually have a fault relating to the DPF, or was that an assumption based on the message?
There are a few faults that throw that message and aren't directly related to the DPF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts