Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
My 307 HDI 2L, would not start straight way as before. It takes a while start it, any idea please

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the reply.
It was serviced 10 months ago but has not done more than 3000 miles. This is started after the engine shake badly at the start and after turn off, in fact when I turn the engine off I sometimes feel that the engine is going to stat again.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
maysani said:
Many thanks for the reply.
It was serviced 10 months ago but has not done more than 3000 miles. This is started after the engine shake badly at the start and after turn off, in fact when I turn the engine off I sometimes feel that the engine is going to stat again.
Starter motor ! When starting does it ever crunch on ignition as if you are turning the ignition when the car is already started?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it does not do that, when I start the engine, it feels the starter motor is fully engaged and it drives the engine and the engine shake violently before it starts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your reply guys, I understand what DMF means now. However, if it is faulty, it should keep vibrating/ shaking even when the engine is running due to the fact its rotating mass is not evenly distributed i.e. becomes eccentric. But it is not, as soon as the engine firs up the engine run very smooth.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Not always usually at different revs and at idle , but any rocking of the engine will have to be checked out before major damage is done , all we can do is give our best guess maybe just an engine mount making it rock but as i say we`re just trying to eliminate things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the cause of the slow start was the full injectors were dirty. We added Diesel Engine cleaner solution in the full tank and so far so good it has been stating for time for the last three days.
As the vibration of the engine at star and turn off, it is the middle engine mount. Is easy to replace where can I get hold of one?
thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
maysani said:
the cause of the slow start was the full injectors were dirty. We added Diesel Engine cleaner solution in the full tank and so far so good it has been stating for time for the last three days.
As the vibration of the engine at star and turn off, it is the middle engine mount. Is easy to replace where can I get hold of one?
thanks
didnt think Dual Mass Flywheel would be the problem.. its bizarre, infact it doesnt have anything to do with starting.. lol :D (good entertaintment)

Y'll be best getting that kind of thing from the dealers.. it will cost your around £50 to £70

1 - 13 of 13 Posts