Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly i would like to thank cck2k6 in getting my account activated :thumb: , i had an absolute mare and its taken the best part of a month to resolve.

Anyhow the anti poll warning comes on with EML.
These are the codes that have been coming up regular as clockwork for quite some time and we've just cleared them and carried on, whilst waiting for activation here :rolleyes: to get an opinion

I believe these point to the EGR

As of the other week we now have a new code to the collection 1162 and its jumped into limp mode - although we clear the codes and all is well for a while. The fuel consumption seems to have gone up too.

Would i be right to assume it would just be a case of changing the EGR? Or is there other things to consider?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was read with one of these

(wont let me post a url link-not enough posts yet)

They are available on ebay though

The codes do start with a 'P' and they are 4 digits long, i left the zero off

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
fuel__2001 said:
It was read with one of these

(wont let me post a url link-not enough posts yet)

They are available on ebay though

The codes do start with a 'P' and they are 4 digits long, i left the zero off

0097 P0097 Generic Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input
0405 P0405 Generic Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
0409 P0409 Generic Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit
0489 P0489 Generic Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit Low
Codes in red and P1162 SIRIUS 81 - Exhaust gas recirculation. Coherence.

Did you try cleaning egr?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent bothered cleaning the EGR - is it easy enough or are there posts on here showing how to?

Has the EGR got a life expectancy on it? The cars got 70k ish and needs a new cam belt doing, and if the EGR needs to come off was thinking it might just be easier to replace.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
fuel__2001 said:
Havent bothered cleaning the EGR - is it easy enough or are there posts on here showing how to?

Has the EGR got a life expectancy on it? The cars got 70k ish and needs a new cam belt doing, and if the EGR needs to come off was thinking it might just be easier to replace.
I think "Risky" has a how too for the EGR ,wait to later to see if he can enlighten you.

D

·
0 Posts
fuel__2001 said:

This engine has a timing belt interval of 200,000 - 240,000kms. 70,000mls too early!
I think its a waste of time cleaning the egr valve based on the trouble they give. If you have egr faults its pretty much the thing has failed.
There is software for egr problems also but you'll have to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
davidireland said:
This engine has a timing belt interval of 200,000 - 240,000kms. 70,000mls too early!
I think its a waste of time cleaning the egr valve based on the trouble they give. If you have egr faults its pretty much the thing has failed.
There is software for egr problems also but you'll have to go to the dealer.
Blimey, its not like my old 306 which needs the cambelt doing much sooner!

When you talking about software problems, do you mean upgrading the current software, or there is problems with the current software, or the software needs reseting/clearing?

Could this be done if someone has peugeot planet?

D

·
0 Posts
No the software needs to be downloaded from the server in france.
Software cures a load of problems with these cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
davidireland said:
No the software needs to be downloaded from the server in france.
Software cures a load of problems with these cars.
i can only assume this isnt a free peugeot upgrade :)

Is there a way of seeing if we have the current software version, or what the current software version is? without having to go to peugeot

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hi, glad to see your finally on now :thumb:

the only way to see what your current version of firmware is to use someone with planet...from what i remember that can tell you what your running.

as for cost, i will suspect the usual malarky from a hopeless peugeot dealership customer service rep....it will cost £45 for 30 mins or £90 for 1 hour to diagnose followed by the same to carry out the upgrade....but thats dealerships or should i say stealerships near me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1.6 HDi 110

Ive managed to get hold of a new EGR and I'm going to replace this and the air/pollen filter while I've got part of the engine bay dismantled.

Are there any other seals/gaskets I will need for the EGR before I get the tools out?

Also, is there anything else that I could do while I've got the air filter housing removed?

What on earth were Peugeot thinking when they designed this engine bay :rolleyes:

found this which might just come in handy for someone else http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dcpwJWBTZg even though they speak another language it makes the whole process very easy to understand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts