Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls.
I couldn't really search as I'm on my phone with poo internet . So apologies is this has been gone over before.
I've got a 2002 307 1.4 hdi .
I want to put the white dial cluster with log into it.
Maby out of a cc model . Or whatever 307 they came in.
I'm aware the miles or k's will change but is it a straight swap if I use a similar year or would I be better off opening the cluster and swapping the dials over. I know I'd have miles on my digital odometer but I want white and kph for the main cluster. Are these coded to the key or ECU like some other brands or are the plugs at the back different .

Hopefully someone can shed some info.

Thanks .
Chris-IRELAND

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi,,
I could be wrong but on the 206 i changed the instrument cluster and it was just a straight swap and the miles recorded stayed the same as they are read from the bsi as far as i am aware rather than directly from the cluster.
Correct me if i am wrong anyone better in the know.

Terry

·
Registered
441 Posts
on the 206 i changed the instrument cluster and it was just a straight swap and the miles recorded stayed the same as they are read from the bsi as far as i am aware rather than directly from the cluster.
On a multiplexed 206 that would have been because your new cluster had a lower mileage than your old cluster. The pre-plexed ones only stored it in the cluster and you get whatever is stored there.

Mileage on the multiplexed 206 is stored in both the BSI and in the cluster. If either unit is lower than the other, it is automatically updated to the higher value.

So if you put in a new cluster with a lower value than what's in the BSI, the cluster gets updated.
Put in a cluster with higher mileage than in the BSI -> BSI gets updated. (Then putting the original cluster back in will only result in that too getting updated to the higher value as the BSI now has the higher value stored...)

Theoretically I believe you could desolder the chip in question from your old cluster and transplant into a higher mileage cluster before connecting it to the car, and that way keep your mileage.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
As above the clocks AND the BSI store mileage so if the clocks fitted are from a low mileage car your miles will not change but if they are from a higher mileage car they will

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice thanks :)

I'm looking for kph though. Il do a search .
I would still rather a cluster swop but if nobody knows if they are plug and play I will have to go this route .

Thanks again

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It will be able to swap over fine but the problem is if the car you take it from is a different age or spec then the functions may not work correctly if you have access to planet to correct any differences then yes it will fit but if no access to planet then its a case of suck it and see.

i once plugged a 206 cluster into a 406 and it did work except the speedo ! they are all similar but not the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts