Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If my car doesn't get used for 2 or 3 weeks, the battery will go flat.

I have charged the battery, and used a multimeter to see how much power is being drawn with everything switched off. 0.85 / 0.9 Amps (almost 1 amp is a lot).

I removed fuse F11 (Radio RB, RD, RT / Multifunction Screen), and the power drain dropped to 0.2. With the fuse out, the car doesn't start.

I've not unplugged the radio yet - as I don't have the removal keys (next weekend). Does any one know what else is driven off this fuse?

·
11,706 Posts
I've not unplugged the radio yet - as I don't have the removal keys (next weekend). Does any one know what else is driven off this fuse?
Do you have the cubby tray (for sweeties) below the radio? If so, you can pull that out and reach in and disconnect the radio.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Built before 1/3/05 - Audio equipment - Multi-function display - Steering wheel controls - Automatic gearbox.

After 1/6/05 - Diagnostic socket, particle emission filter unit, low current ignition switch.

If your car is in the "gap" period, post the last eight digits of your VIN and I'll look it up in the SEDRE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got hold of a pair of stereo removal clips. Disconnected the radio. The current draw has dropped from 0.85 to 0.04 Amps. Looks like it was the radio. I know that the radio needs to draw some power to keep the radio station memory. Does anyone know how much a radio should draw to keep its memory ? 0.8 of an Amp seems really high - that's like leaving an interior bulb on constantly. If I buy a replacement radio of the same model on ebay, will it work ? or does it need to be programmed to the vehicle management system ? If it needs to be programmed, is that a dealer job?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts