Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here having owned my 2004 307 HDi XSi for just over a week.

Got an "Antipollution Fault" on Saturday whilst on the way to the supermarket. Luckily my local dealer is directly opposite so nipped in to check what this meant (fearing the worst!). Service reception guy said that it's ok to drive the car and in all probability the fault would clear itself over the weekend. On the way back from the supermarket I gave the car full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (his recommendation) and lo and behold the fault had gone by the time I got home.

Question is: what causes this fault to appear? Is there something more sinister lurking in the background? Car has only covered 22k and suspect the previous owner only did short runs. Could this be a factor?

Any help/advice gratefully received. Hoping to keep this car for quite a few years to come.

Dave

BTW: Great car to drive tho, excellent handling and plenty of shove when you need it. Oh and 45mpg around town as well!! Beats my previous car (528 auto) hands down!

·
Registered
862 Posts
lomondview said:
Hi, newbie here having owned my 2004 307 HDi XSi for just over a week.

Got an "Antipollution Fault" on Saturday whilst on the way to the supermarket. Luckily my local dealer is directly opposite so nipped in to check what this meant (fearing the worst!). Service reception guy said that it's ok to drive the car and in all probability the fault would clear itself over the weekend. On the way back from the supermarket I gave the car full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (his recommendation) and lo and behold the fault had gone by the time I got home.

Question is: what causes this fault to appear? Is there something more sinister lurking in the background? Car has only covered 22k and suspect the previous owner only did short runs. Could this be a factor?

Any help/advice gratefully received. Hoping to keep this car for quite a few years to come.

Dave

BTW: Great car to drive tho, excellent handling and plenty of shove when you need it. Oh and 45mpg around town as well!! Beats my previous car (528 auto) hands down!
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

One of the filters will probably be blocked,air, oil or diesel give them a check. Do you know when the car was last serviced?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Moose... and thanks...

The car was serviced by a main dealer at 14k so is due another in about 4k.

Where will I find the offending filters?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
187 Posts
same problem

hi,

i got same problem and will try wot has been said,but where is the air filter to,and prob best for garage to sort out oil n diesel filter if not airfilter?

cheers:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts