Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New here and I've been reading a few posts related to my problem however I thought it best to put my own thread up.

Got a 2002 307 HDI Dturbo 110, the milage is 127,000. I bought it with the Anti pollution fault and engine management light showing, the car is in limp mode, drove it back to where I live and 50 miles in to the journey the ESP light comes on and a message says its not working.

Called my friend over who had a bosch diagnostic machine and the faults that came up were as follows:

1537 Accelarator pedal position sensor to signal improbable

1429 Pressure Sensor Diff Signal Improbable

1447 Particulate Filter

0100 Air Mass Sensor signal too low

Now the air mass sensor might be to do with the fact the air flow meter was disconnected to see if that was faulty.

The particulate filter was replaced at 103,000 miles in 2008, diff pressure sensor was also replaced at the same time, also around the same time had cerene added, this was all done at Peugeot in Dewsbury.

My friend then cleared the faults and the car was fine for a day then went straight in to limp mode.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what I should do next based on the faults above and the history of work it's had?

Is the EGR valve a likely fault?

Cheers

·
Registered
196 Posts
the first thing i would look at is the egr valves or the wastegate as they stick. also try putting some forte disel treatment in the tank full bottle to just over half a tank:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, Put it bak on the diagnostic last night and only 1 fault left, the particulate filter, so i'm going to follow those instructions and clean it and hopefully will cure the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned the filter, dried it out completely and wiped the error code, lasted a day and its back on again! starting to lose my patience and faith in this car, Any ideas? I suppose my next step is a new particulate filter?

Any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaned all the connections that attach to the exhaust, one sensor goes all the way up the bulkhead to a unit behind the battery, this had slight corrosion, got the fault memory erased again and took it for a 30 min drive at over 50mph, another fault came up "unblock diesel filter" but didnt put the car in limp, it kept coming on and off but the previous fault stayed off. went to work this morning and the same faults an limp mode came on in exactly the same spot as before, so its definately a temp related problem from cold, i have ordered the 2 sensors from before cat up to that unit on the bulkhead, about £150 in all! ouch.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would see if someone on here can run a diagnostic check for you before splashing loads of cash as i have seen one particular Peugeot dealer make a right pigs ear of reading the faults. That job ended with a £500 bill and it broke down on the way home!!!!!, read it with my PP and sorted it in a day and at a cost of £50!!! (My mate is now fighting to have his money returned!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts