Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. just brought myself my first diesel burner

how often does the cam belt need to be changed? do you just have to change the belt?

what oil is used in these cars?

what is normally done on a service. im used to petrol motors so i may be out of touch?

what else to keep an eye on with these cars?

also is the throttle meant to be very either doesnt rev much or flat out lol.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Cam belt will be approx 5 years or 100k. At the same time you must change the tensioner pulley. If this is it's second change then it is advisable to fit a new water pump while you're at it.

Check for slack in your throttle cable --- there is an adjuster on the throttle position sensor. However, if you take up too much slack then the sensor will report error messages and you'll go into limp mode (it goes away when you put a bit of slack back).

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mean the screw bit? mine just sits in it doesnt seem to screw in as such.

i gather this is wrong?

these engines are not very quick are they mine seems to have so much engine braking

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
do you mean the screw bit? mine just sits in it doesnt seem to screw in as such.

i gather this is wrong?

these engines are not very quick are they mine seems to have so much engine braking
:confused:

Part 11 in this diagram.

Looks like this:
00-04 PEUGEOT 406 CITROEN PICASSO 2.0HDI THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR POTENCIOMETER | eBay

They're slower in a 406 ;)
But they're not for going fast; they're for efficiency. Keep an eye on the instantaneous mpg readout --- doing this changed my driving style!

You should find it gets a bit livelier at 1800rpm but is out of puff by 3000 --- very narrow band compared to petrol.

A diesel will feel like it has a lot of engine braking compared to a petrol.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant really see what number 11 is in the ebay ad lol

my throttle part is down flat. theres a plastic part with a screw. it goes through a metal bracket but theres no way for it to attach no locking nut to hold it in place as such

i see that on the ebay ad theres a kind of spring.

my dad has a 406 so i have asked him to get me a photo

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres a pic of mine

im also having a problem with my brakes i get a pulsating feeling sometimes when braking lightly. someones said its something to do with the abs. is this a common fault?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the throttle is definitely dodgy or the mpg displays crap.

im having to hold the throttle alot when on slight hills and its killing the mpg

my old golf gti did 35mpg to work. same journey im only getting 40 in the diesel. not happy at the moment

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The adjuster clip is missing from your TPS.

The value given my the MPG display can be inaccurate by as much as over 10mpg. The only reliable way to measure is by brim-to-brim filling.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjuster clip is missing from your TPS.

The value given my the MPG display can be inaccurate by as much as over 10mpg. The only reliable way to measure is by brim-to-brim filling.

anywhere i can get one? im sure that may help my throttle. how is yours adjusted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts