Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here.
I am thinking of getting a 2002 307 hdi 90 and drove it earlier but was a bit surprised by the lack of power... is this normal?
I have had smaller TD engines that really go when the turbo cuts in but this car just seemed flat and only picked up at higher revs.
I drove an 03 1.4 hdi a few weeks back and that seemed much more nippy, feeling the turbo come in and at lower revs.
So my question is is this particular car I drove faulty or is the turbo delivery at higher revs and not all that great?
There were no warning lights and no noticeable smoke either. It has done 115000 miles.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same car and have been driving it for about 6 months now, the stock power delivery has always been quite lacking on mine but enough to outrun a few boy racers at the lights... not that I condone that off course. I opted for an ECU remap which certainely eliminated the flat spots, you can really feel it pull. Took it from 90bhp to 121bhp, 205nm to 275nm torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the exact same car and have been driving it for about 6 months now, the stock power delivery has always been quite lacking on mine but enough to outrun a few boy racers at the lights... not that I condone that off course. I opted for an ECU remap which certainely eliminated the flat spots, you can really feel it pull. Took it from 90bhp to 121bhp, 205nm to 275nm torque.
Thanks for that. I am going to pass on the car in question, that would not have outrun anything I reckon, I will look at others and see if any difference as I suspect there could have been an issue with it. I have read that remapping these is a popular and recommended thing to do.

·
11,767 Posts
Yep, it is a bit sluggish, but I always considered it a fair trade off considering its a much more trouble-free engine.

You could check if the MAF is faulty. Sometimes that can fail and show no warnings. You could try disconnecting it to see if that helps. But on mine I had no warnings, disconnecting made no difference. It was only when I did a PLANET diagnostic it found the fault. After replacing the power was back.

Also check all air pipes are tight, I noticed a power loss when a lower air intake pipe was loose. I re-attached it and put a seal of silicone around it and the airbox and the power was back.

I also fitted a K&N panel filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it is a bit sluggish, but I always considered it a fair trade off considering its a much more trouble-free engine.

You could check if the MAF is faulty. Sometimes that can fail and show no warnings. You could try disconnecting it to see if that helps. But on mine I had no warnings, disconnecting made no difference. It was only when I did a PLANET diagnostic it found the fault. After replacing the power was back.

Also check all air pipes are tight, I noticed a power loss when a lower air intake pipe was loose. I re-attached it and put a seal of silicone around it and the airbox and the power was back.

I also fitted a K&N panel filter.
OK thanks. I am not going for that particular car but will be looking at more, will be able to compare then. I still fancy a 1.4 hdi for the cheap tax. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
when i brought mine the clip for the throttle position sensor was missing

the haynes manual tells how you to set it. i just used a jubilee clip to hold it in position and its alot better now
sometimes mine seems faster if i dont stick my toe down. the turbo delivery is weird but you get used to it.

i thought mine was slow but i tried a 110bhp. tbh i wouldnt trade up for all the problems they have there not that much faster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i brought mine the clip for the throttle position sensor was missing

the haynes manual tells how you to set it. i just used a jubilee clip to hold it in position and its alot better now
sometimes mine seems faster if i dont stick my toe down. the turbo delivery is weird but you get used to it.

i thought mine was slow but i tried a 110bhp. tbh i wouldnt trade up for all the problems they have there not that much faster
OK thanks, I will bear all the above in mind when I look at another one.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts