Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Our 307 2004 hdi is having some problems, I was driving this and doing a good chunk of motorway mileage every day, now however another family member is driving it and their driving is very very short, i don't think the engine ever even gets up to temp before being switched off.

Anyway now it's idling rough and shaking, it doesn't seem to shift either (it never did anyway given the size and power).

I think it's the injectors but can't be sure, I've hooked it up to PP2000 and put the pictures below:

Any ideas what could be the issue? Seems like it's obvious that it's the injectors but it could possibly be other issues, so want to rule them out.

·
11,790 Posts
Flow correction and fuel pressure looks wrong to me, but it looks like an electrical issue causing the injectors to correct wrongly and possibly not supplying enough current to the fuel pump. That last image shows that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could explain some symptoms, initially it was running rough at idle but was fine once warmed up, then tried some millers oil, and it improved but still not 100%, then took it to my local mechanic, who removed the cable from each injector in turn and it wasn't obvious which injector was faulty.

Also when I first connected it, it was complaining about injector 2 and 4 showing -2.16 and 1.84, then the next day it was 1 and 4 at -4.51 and 4.98 respectively.

So the fact that the readings are a little out of whack and inconsistent about which injector, plus the fact that the mechanic could have loosened the wire somehow does seem like a wiring loom problem.

Where would be the best place to start?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking the same but i would test the battery and alternator first
I know the battery has been replaced a few years ago - my dad kept buying the next biggest battery until the starter motor died completely and was forced to change it. Haven't check the alternator though - but it should read 14.4 volts?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I know the battery has been replaced a few years ago - my dad kept buying the next biggest battery until the starter motor died completely and was forced to change it. Haven't check the alternator though - but it should read 14.4 volts?
new batterys can go faulty so always good to test it and rule it out, what is the voltage before starting, while starting and after starting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

the battery is OK, my dad kept buying the next bigger capacity battery and eventually had to replace the starter motor, so the battery is the biggest one available and only a few years old.

anyway, the error codes were because the mechanic removed each injector wiring in turn to test them.

Now the faults are completely gone, the issue still remains very rough idle when cold, doesn't start first time, fuel economy dropped, pretty sure it's the injectors, just need someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm.

I've bought 4 injectors, is there anyone that can refurb/check these and obviously need someone to replace them too within the Lancashire region?

The images are at different revs, idle, 1k, 1.5k, 2k

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had the same problem last year, also had lots of smoke at low revs, had injectors removed and tested by Bosch, they were knackered and wouldn't repair.

Cheapest i could get here in Cyprus were 450 euro second hand! anyway got a refurbished set and replaced all 4 and was sweet after that.

Cheers, Mick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts