Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had present from the postman. I am really looking forward to seeing what difference this thing will make. HDi Tuning have done the work on it, not that it is not obvious from the picture lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that I should update this, as I was pretty vague with my last post on here.
I had an increase of torque, which helped at lower revs, but there was no more power. The remap had claims of up to 125bhp, but it was nowhere near that, which I why I said the jury was still out.
Using Cruise Control started causing antipollution faults and limp mode being activated.
Shutting the engine of for a couple of mins cleared the engine management lite and fault, but again, it came back with CC.
I found out at the weekend, that the ECU I bought to send to HDiTuning for the remap was different to my original. I did not check any numbers. I just bought a SID801 ECU as I was under the impression that an ECU was an ECU, and as long as it was the same base make (Siemens SID801) it would work.
I emailed Vinny at HDiTuning on Monday about it, telling him I found out that the ECU was wrong. He said that it could not be wrong, or the car would not run. He asked for, so I sent pictures of my original, and the one that he mapped. He replied with incredulity saying that it was in fact totally wrong inside and out (the tray that holds the ECU in the car had to be cut to get the mapped ECU in) and that he was surprised that car ran.
We arranged for me to send my original ECU in for him to work his magic on, and I got it back today.
My initial reaction as soon as I pulled off was "HOL FU*K!
The car is now rapid. No hesitation, just put the accelerator down, and there is instant response, and it pulls pulls pulls all through the rev range. It is transformed my car. I am at a loss what words to use to explain how quick it is.
I am only talking comparatively of course. Compared to a Focus ST or Polestar Volvo, it is still a slow old diesel. However, comparing the standard 90bhp to what I have no is like night and day. I had no fricken idea it would be such a vast increase in power. I would ALMOST call it a hot hatch now it is that good.
I have only been for a short drive, but I got to know how much harder it accelerates, and doing 30 in 4th, I am getting 15 mpg more with a cold engine.
I will have to see what MPG is like over time and distance, but it looks very promising.
I will also have to see if the Cruise Control issue is resolved as well, but I am pretty confident that it will be.
If any of you are thinking about getting it done, it will be the single best £165 you could spend on your car. I got an EGR delete and Immobilizer delete as well, which cost a bit more. I cannot stress enough how good it is.
Get it done, you WILL NOT be disappointed and WILL NOT regret it.

I have no connection with HDiTuning other than being someone who has made use of their remapping service.

Neil

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a fully mapped fault free ECU I need to get rid of now.
In the right car, it will perform just like my original.

The ECU, a Siemens SID 801, numbers (no idea what each one is for) are;
5WS40020G-T
SW9644895180
HW9641849280
It has the EGR and immobiliser deleted.
If anyone has any interest in it, let me know.

Neil

·
Registered
16 Posts
did you send your ecu to the place in Bristol?

as their site says this for the 307 -

Stage 1 Remap (DPF Friendly) - The mild stage 1 Remap is designed to be safe to run in unison with the DPF system fitted to your vehicle from the factory. This remap gives 135 BHP and 275Nm torque. Driveability is increased thanks to a much more useable torque range with continual power into the higher rev range. The DPF is kept safe by keeping the air-fuel ratio high and hence soot emissions low. We recommend this remap for newer vehicles with low miles

sounds like a good result

·
Registered
241 Posts
We really are amazed that your car ran with the wrong ECU in it. The Siemens SID801 and SID801A use a completely different circuit board inside even though they use the same processor and memory etc. Obviously the fuel pump and injectors are the same on the engine.

I did try this myself using the wrong ECU on one of my test cars but it didn't work on that one.

When using an unlocked ECU it's essential to make sure every number matches up, or better still is to send us a photo of the ECU label then we can make sure we have the right one. There are a few engine and ECU variations on the 307 alone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We really are amazed that your car ran with the wrong ECU in it. The Siemens SID801 and SID801A use a completely different circuit board inside even though they use the same processor and memory etc. Obviously the fuel pump and injectors are the same on the engine.

I did try this myself using the wrong ECU on one of my test cars but it didn't work on that one.

When using an unlocked ECU it's essential to make sure every number matches up, or better still is to send us a photo of the ECU label then we can make sure we have the right one. There are a few engine and ECU variations on the 307 alone.
I cannot praise you highly enough for your patience with me Vinny. I naively assumed a SID 801 was a SID 801. The end result though is beyond what I had imagined, and I am still smiling (a rarity for me I can tell you).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.