Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll have the codes tomorrow, it threw up quite a few...

The codes said low fuel pressure etc so I'm guessing it's the in tank fuel pump. Any pointers as to how to get to it?

Also as an aside form the main problem the wiring's a mess. I put a little video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ql9sQIAZyg firstly whats the spare plug for at the start of the video? Secondly the yellow plug midway has three green wires, ones been cut and is just bare, thirdly the zip tied up plug, what's this for?

I know the car was in a light front end crash so I figure someone's bodged the wiring.

Many thanks for all help received, I'd been using it in limp mode for about three months. Thought it was about time I fixed it, took the fuel filter housing off to check for particles and I broke it. So that's a bill I didn't need :(

Any pointers to the best/cheapest motor factors would also be greatly appreciated I see wild variations in prices on the fuel filter housing from £60 for Bosch to £24 for Bolk any real difference on a plastic housing??

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
first of all what a mess. i did have to rip mine out but it looks better the that. you need nut at the end to secure that whole black thing

anyway if you missing the clips to hold the wires in you can electrical tape them all.

the connector underneath is a common issue. it has 3 wires on mine and one broke causing limp mode,

im not sure where the end goes im afraid

the connector at the top of the engine either goes to the the top of the engine or maybe one of the air con lines

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I've done a little research (after buying the cheap tool) I can see most people say that's the one to use. It's an 02 reg car, the filter housings going to cost £50 if it needs the fuel pumps that's going to mean another £250 minimum and £100 diagnostics tool on top means it may well be going to the scrap yard instead I think.

Going to try to fit an in tank fuel pump see if that cures it, if anyone could let me know where this is located it'd be a start :) If not it's probably going to be scrapped.

Many thanks.

·
11,711 Posts
The codes said low fuel pressure etc so I'm guessing it's the in tank fuel pump. Any pointers as to how to get to it?
I didn't think there was an in tank pump on the 90bhp models.

And I've never encountered a limp mode on the 90s, just lack of turbo and very sluggish lack of power due to a faulty MAF, or a misfire when an injector failed.

Doesn't your introduction say you have a diesel leak you can't track down? I'd say that's your problem.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had what appeared to be 'Limp Mode' once on my 2.0 HDI 90 after fitting a so called tuning box with Siemens fuel system. This happened at traffic lightds on the roundabout leaving the M62 to join the A627M. Foot to the floor, hardly any revs and very slow to move off. It eventually started picking up again and after a very lumpy drive back home I pulled the tuning box out and it's been fine since. May not have been ECU encuced limp mode, it may well have been the tuning box screwing up the fuel delivery to the injectors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Management light came on, some beeps (can't read them the cebtre console display is knackered) it then restricted itself to 2900rpm and 70mph with little torque. Had the codes read and it said low fuel pressure or similar.
I left it three months as the car was needed daily and still running albeit slowly. Now I've another 307 so I'm having a go at this one.

I think Gibbo is my nearest member, I'm in Colwyn Bay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Gibbo has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

I'm in Colwyn Bay do you come down this far Gibbo?

I think there is a pump as when I turned the ignition live I had diesel pumping out the tube with it disconnected to the filter housing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
When the car broke down and refused to start these were the faults as read by RAC

He gave "a relay a tap" and it started again, told the wife to get it to a garage and not stop it. Apart from limp home mode it's never failed to start again and behaved.
Not sure these were related to the limp home problem...as it totally cut out. Once started it's been fine since

·
Registered
691 Posts
I didn't think there was an in tank pump on the 90bhp models.

And I've never encountered a limp mode on the 90s, just lack of turbo and very sluggish lack of power due to a faulty MAF, or a misfire when an injector failed.

Doesn't your introduction say you have a diesel leak you can't track down? I'd say that's your problem.
Hi Gibbo. Mine is a 2004, 2.0hdi, 90bhp 307sw with bosch injection and has the in tank pump.:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
limp mode

got one of the lads of here to put it on planet had fuel sensor problem when looked broken wire fixed problem

307 hdi 90 2.0

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's three green wires coming off that connector one is detatched...no idea where it goes. Putting it on ramps tomorrow so I can get a look from underneath

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's still in the connector but I have six inches of green wire coming off the connector

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Soldered wires back together, put new filter and housing in after damaging the last one, seems much more perky now. Lights are still on but it feels much better. Going to get the lights switched off and see what codes it throws up, the lad only has a snap on diagnostics tool not Peugeot planet

1 - 20 of 29 Posts