Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home and my speed dropped suddenly and I managed to pull over and now my car won't start and it says economic mode active. I can hear it trying to fire but nothing. Help please

·
Registered
599 Posts
Eco mode engages when the car realizes the battery is too low. This should NEVER happen on a running car, unless the alternator is not producing enough power to run the veicle and charge the battery.

When you turn the key, do you ear a DONG ? Or just eco mode on the MFD?
Have you checked ALL fuses, specially the big ones hidden ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there. Tnx no dong when turning ignition. It tryst to start but just shows eco mode active. I haven't checked fuses yet. The big ones under the hood ? I will check now. I am waiting for garage to pick it up

·
Registered
287 Posts
Timing belt gone
Oh that is not good!

How did the timing belt go! its really important to have the timing belt replaced 70,000 miles to be save getting to 100,000 miles is getting to push it.

Unless there was another reason for it failing other than not replacing it.

I have read though that timing belt failure isnt as much of a catastrophy as on some other engines which can bent valves, on the puegot diesal engines anyway it can be a much simpler top end rebuilt.

Not sure why eco mode is showing though after timing belt failure,

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If the timing belt had failed you would be able to spin the engine easily with the starter motor, mostly because there would be no compression!. And it would never give a hint of trying to start as there would also be no pressure in the fuel rail or signal for the cam sensor.
Apart from eliminating belt failure I don't know what might have caused your problem, I'll follow this thread in the hope I might learn something.

Roger.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Some people see cranking over as trying to start that's the problem :)

Your engine needs new rockers ONLY if the belt has gone it does not need the head Removed to check the valves they are fine just new rockers and a belt /water pump

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise I have done hundreds over the years petrols bend valves diesels do not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts