Peugeot Forums banner

307 hdi 90 1.6 facelift EGR

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  salster 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've tried searching but only ever find bits about the 2.0 or other models. Basically I'm just trying to find out how easy it is to remove on my model car. It's taking an age to kick in throttle wise and anti pollution fault is on constantly. All error codes read EGR. I bought a blanking plate and wondered how to do it as it seems to be right at the back of the engine. Please only reply if you have knowledge of my model of car as all models are different. Thanks :)

#3 ·
So just blanking it off without a remap will affect it still? I'm a level 2 mechanic at college and we are doing it in there tomorrow, my lecturer seems to think removing the valve and cleaning it with petrol will sort it out, I bought the blanking plate but don't want to further damage it by not getting it remapped.

#12 ·
the egr on a 1.6 is a pig to get to on the 307. its sits right at the back. you take the airbox out of the way and then all the pipes

you will feel it but its tight. once undone you have to undo the egr clamp which isnt the easiest to line up

its much easier to undo the egr slightly and slip the blank in. if the egrs faulty this wont help and will need replacing

#13 ·
I can switch this off through a remap. You need to leave the big plug connected otherwise you'll get a load of other faults, but you do need to fit a blanking plate. I can then switch off the EGR function and you won't get any faults relating to it.

If you blank without editing the software you'll get an anti-pollution fault.

#14 ·
Thanks for all of the advice and help.
We got the valve off, for anyone who needs help with this model here's a quick how we did it guide.

We took out the MAF, pipes. Disconnected the battery and removed, we removed the windscreen wipers and scuttling next not forgetting the brake fluid reservoir needs putting to the side, this freed up so much space, next we took the air box apart in place and removed the top half followed by the bottom half. We now had a perfect view of the valve. Next we slid the fuel filter out of its sitting position and removed the metal plates behind it which is held on with 3x 8mm bolts. From there remove the two bolts holding the valve in place and unclip the clamp, ( this was a pig to put back on without the right tool, so examine it properly) our valve was absolutely blocked up with soot. We removed the black sensor and this was lagged also, and the connector inside was stuck solid not rotating. Brake cleaner and wd40 was used to clean throughly. I put a little exhaust paste on the blanking plate ( probably not needed but I wanted to) and did the whole process backwards. Jobs a good un. Now needs an EGR delete to remove the eml but already the car is running amazing and with a noticeable MPG improvement. Please excuse the lack of detail but I am very happy to message anyone with a detailed guide. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.