Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the back brake pads shortly and I was wondering if there is a way of doing it without buying the tool to wind the piston back. Any Tricks?

C

·
0 Posts
I need to replace the back brake pads shortly and I was wondering if there is a way of doing it without buying the tool to wind the piston back. Any Tricks?
You can cowboy something together but personnaly by the time you do that etc id just buy the tool to do it this is similar to the one I have and it is worth its weight in gold especially as it all but eliminates the danger of ripping the seals etc on the front ones and makes the back ones really easy to wind back!

UNIVERSAL NEW BRAKE CALIPER PISTON REWIND WIND BACK TOOL KIT 22 34 PIECES SET | eBay

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Colinellis thanks for the link I have bought the tool. Yes the front calliper pistons just push in, g clamp works fine for that.

P

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fronts go in easily enough with a G clamp or even by hand if lucky (dont forget to take the lid off the reservoir under your bonnet and get a rag round it to catch any overspill from the piston going back in.

Rear calipers can be wound in with a pair of needle nosed pliers if they arent too seized but as said watch the seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts