Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Inland Spain where it is incredibly hot. On long journeys I get an intermittent problem with my Turbo. It works fine for a start and then on long hills it cuts in at 3000 rpm and then imediately cuts out again. It repeadedly does this BUT sometimes returns to normal and pulls fine. When the cars is restarted from cold it works fine. A test at my local repair shop (non Peugeot)shows no fault on his computer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a similar thing recently but after a while of intermittent turbo it went to no turbo at all.

Firstly disconnect your MAF sensor and go for a drive, see if that m akes a difference. If not check your electro control valves, specifically the turbo boost control solenoid. It is on a metal plate at the front of the engine and is the one closest to the ground with a grey electrical plug ( the rest are blue ). Take it of and try to blow through one of the vacuum pipes, if there is resistance chances are thats your fault. They are only around £40 so not a massive issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could also be a faulty/blocked egr valve locate at the back left of the engine behind the cam cover. Its a flying saucer shape piece of metal held on by 3 bolts. Take that off and clean it.

Just a few things to get you going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts