Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 307 from the auctions. It drove home (about 5 miles) ok but did seem a bit sluggish. The next day after driving for about 5mins I noticed smoke from the back and loss of power. Got the RAC to tow me home and he gave me some fault codes. Can anyone help me please, I'm in Milton Keynes and am not looking to pay garage prices.

The codes are as follows.
P1728
P0704
B1012
P1445
P2408
P1351
P0402

It also says that my fuel additive level is too high. Where do I check this.

Any and all help will be really appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Additive too high is a translation error. its most likely too low. Other faults, bear with me!

P1351, heater plugs needed.
P1445 related to problems with the pump in the additive tank. But check the additive level.
P0402 Egr too much flow, relating to anything on the air circuit, ie turbo, egr itself, air leak etc. needs to be checked out.
B1012, related to max number of aborted regenerations. Heater plugs have failed thus not allowing regeneration.
P2408, you need a fuel cap presence sensor.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Rip out FAP filter and get it remapped for no DPF , cheaper in long run.

Not sure of anything search site .
You have that statement on copy & paste don't you!? lol - I can't disagree though, it should be the default thing for all HDi-FAP owners.

Phil

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Thanks for all this help, could you please go into more detail as I'm a complete novice.
Your car has a Particle filter in your exhaust system which collects all harmful particles , then with the help of a liquid injected into your fuel tank heats up on a motorway run and burns all the nasty particles away ,

what really happens is you drive short journeys , filter blocks , fluid runs out , you get alot of fault codes and Peugeot dealer takes around £600 of you,

i took my filter out then remapped car to tell it there was no system and hey presto "Bobs your Uncle" and "Fanny`s your Aunt" no codes ,

The FAP is dead ,Long live the Fap :nono:

·
Registered
30 Posts
P1351 error code

Help I am new to all this so if this is in the wrong place please excuse me....where do I find the glow plugs/heater plugs. Any info appreciated. Can I find where parts are on my vehicle by using the PP2000 interface. sorry for the ignorance and thanks for any help anyone can give to me.:confused::thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where can I find an image or even better a replacement fuel cap presence sensor for a 307 sw 1.6 hdi build year october 2004?

I can't find it in the haynes manual

Help would be appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts