Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've recently bought a 307 from my employer.. One of the employees had an accident with it and i had it all fixed.

Unfortunatly the axle needed replacing and i bought a second hand one.

Anyway.. I've changed the rear axle and in the process had to disconnect the rear brakes.. Connected the new set, and now.. no brakes what so ever.. tried all the usual tricks to get rid of the air but no luck..

Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be? Does the ecu need reprogramming or is there something else?

Thanks for any help...

Also seem to have crazy front windows? but thats another matter..

·
Registered
25 Posts
NO electrical work required to do the brakes just the standard old fashioned bleeding the brakes. Im sorry to ask a silly question but just need to check how you done it.

Take the brake fluid cap off and fill it right to the top.
Get some to push on the brake pedal
Under one of the brake caliper bleeding screw let the fluid out then tighten again
Get them to take there foot off the pedal.
Repeat this about 4-5 times on each caliper.
Check the brake fluid again then move to the next caliper.

Hope this makes sence if not PM me and I wil try to explain in more detail.

Dave

P.s. windows do they keep going down on there own? If so get into the happit of locking the car on the remote then hold the lock button again for about 5 seconds. This will close any open windows. I have kids that open the windows and I got alarming the car with the window open so I just do my double click now save walking around the car, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigdavid said:
NO electrical work required to do the brakes just the standard old fashioned bleeding the brakes. Im sorry to ask a silly question but just need to check how you done it.

Take the brake fluid cap off and fill it right to the top.
Get some to push on the brake pedal
Under one of the brake caliper bleeding screw let the fluid out then tighten again
Get them to take there foot off the pedal.
Repeat this about 4-5 times on each caliper.
Check the brake fluid again then move to the next caliper.

Hope this makes sence if not PM me and I wil try to explain in more detail.

Dave

P.s. windows do they keep going down on there own? If so get into the happit of locking the car on the remote then hold the lock button again for about 5 seconds. This will close any open windows. I have kids that open the windows and I got alarming the car with the window open so I just do my double click now save walking around the car, lol

Hi Dave

Thanks for your response to my message.. I and a so called mechanic tried that last week, he broke the rear driver side caliper so i replaced it this week. Another mechanic suggested that i put the old discs back on and try with those... Well i did and after not trying so hard the brakes were the same.. Ill probably try again next weekend as the car is locked up in a storage yard for the time being..

Having said that, i have noticed a sound coming from the front passenger side.. Its like an airy/whistle sound when you apply the brakes.. and also the new/second hand rear driver side calliper seems to be locked up/seised.. Sorry to bother you/everyone else with all this but im not a mechanic myself and i dont really want to take it to peugoet as im sure they will charge me an arm an a leg!

As for the windows.. You press up it goes down.. then it doesnt then it does bit by bit.. It seems to be haunted.. I think its somehow forgotten what its supposed to do after the battery died waiting in the storage yard.

Thanks again

Eddie

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what im understanding it sounds like the noise is air in the pipes. I wasnt trying to teach you to suck eggs just needed to check. I would say its worth another try. this time lock 3 of the brake calipers with by pair of mole gripps and keep bleeding untill you get a good pedal then move onto the next one.

DONT LET THE BRAKE FLUID GET LOW.

Yes a lot of modern cars go wrong when the battery goes flat. The amount of cars that come into us beacause the engine light has come on is unreal and most is due to a battery going flat or not folding a good charge. Once you have done the brakes give the batery a good charge and when you put it back on every thing will reset. ( check you have a radio code first)

Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave

Im gonna give that a try this weekend, ill let you and everyone else know how it goes. Hope I can fix it this time.

Thanks again.

Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dave

I managed to sort the brakes out, got a Gunson Eezibleed from Halfords and went through a lot of brake fluid.. There was huge amounts of air in the rear brakes (could see from a clear pipe) and it took me about 4 hours to get rid of it.

Theres still a very small amount but the brakes work just fine.

I've got some new questions but ill do a bit of searching before i start new threads.

Thanks a lot for all your help, would have quit and gone to the dealer if it wasnt for you and the forum!

Regards

Eddie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.