Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
After starting and running for about 3 minutes the engine died and refuses to restart. I have renewed the battery because I flattened it and was told by the battery shop it needed replacing. I've put a cheap fault reader on it and
the only fault that comes up is P0341 . I've ordered a camshaft sensor but am I right in thinking this won't cure the starting fault. If so what other things can I check while waiting for the sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
No I haven't, the engine was only ticking over when it stopped. The last owner said that it had been changed recently, but I will check tomorrow.

·
5,674 Posts
snapped/loose/jumped belt or faulty cam sensor will cause non/poor start as ecu looks for sync between crank and camshaft to determine firing cylinder

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
I recon your belt has snapped or slipped a few teeth this will give a cam fault as the ecu sees no sync between cam and crank.

cam sensor fault can stop it starting too though but a faulty cam sensor will not make it stop once started

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically I'm going to have to do a belt change, that is, the only way I can check whether its slipped or snapped is do the work required for a change. I could probably do a partial strip and check if the belts intact, but there's no easy way to check that its slipped.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
its easy to check if it has slipped you just need to time it up using the timing pin holes if the pins go in its ok if they don't its jumped cost nothing to check.

If it has jumped teeth remove the black cover over the cam and look inside if the rockers are snapped they will need replaced but head will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts