Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i recently bought a 307 2.0 diesel hdi 110 one, i have a few problems with it though which are driving me nuts. The first problem is the fuel gauge does not work, we have tried the tank sender and filling up the tank but those have no effect, just sits flashing empty at me. The second one is it comes up saying unblock diesel filter it did say anti pollution but we regenerated the cat and that has gone but every now and then the car shutters and shakes abit and the unblock diesel comes up on the screen. The bizzare thing is it still drives just the power isn't as good. anyone help us out on this one? would be very grateful cheers again mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
peugeot 307

aup mate iv got the same problem i have no power from setting off but past 70mph it drives fine but the unblock diesel filter has stopped coming on since power has gone....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i have power there its just when my engine light comes on its abit sluggish, it drives fine just get unblock diesel filter and obviously biggest fault is my fuel gauge wont work

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

sorry ye im from chester england :p, you would say its the turbo? would that bring up the unblock diesel fault though? and does anyone have any light to shed on the fuel gauge? cheers mark.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi,
when you say you've 'tried' the fuel sender, what did you do? Did you just check it is moving, or if moving it changes the signal output/ connections.

Starting problems, and problems soon after starting are often related to the lift pump (which is integrated with the fuel sender), or the fuel filter.

Make sure you clean and replace the fuel filter too (they are only £5-6), if you have done this already, it may be that the lid is not back properly (sometimes they warp), and let in air.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

we replaced the tank sender unit got a new one and it and it made no difference i guess the next thing we do is change the fuel filter. ill try that at the weekend :) !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

actually live in elton gibbo, well we have pp2000 just not sure on what were doing with it haha! it comes up with a couple of faults just need to figure out something to do with it. you experienced with it? cheers mark

·
11,766 Posts
Yep, been using it for a couple of years. I mainly stick to 307 diesels as that's where most of my knowledge is, but will hook it up to anything if it will help the owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

where about you from then mate :) might be worth me popping up with the car at some point if thats ok? cheers again mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts