Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 is a 2.0 90HDi '53.
I have had a very intermitant start problem. It has happened about 3 times in 2,000 miles of driving.
It has turned over and fired but then just stopped. It has always started second go so I haven't been overly concerned.
This morning my car took about 5 attempts to start and then started fine.
When I pulled away I got three audible beeps and and I saw a light flicker on the dash very briefly.
I believe it was the coolant level low indication(Diesel engine).
It says this is connected to the stop light.
If the low level sensor is playing up(coolant level is correct) could this be what is not letting the car start?
Any help appreciated.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If it starts then cuts out then the battery is probably fine. Sounds more like a fuel pressure issue to me. As in the system has enough pressure for a start, but doesn't build up more fast enough to keep it running, cranking the engine some more then builds up enough pressure to keep it going. Once it starts and runs is all ok?, apart from the low coolant light, which as has been said is a separate issue.
You need to address this before the weather gets cold, you might have real problems with cold starting when it gets colder.

Roger.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
My 307 is a 2.0 90HDi '53.
I have had a very intermitant start problem. It has happened about 3 times in 2,000 miles of driving.
It has turned over and fired but then just stopped. It has always started second go so I haven't been overly concerned.
This morning my car took about 5 attempts to start and then started fine.
When I pulled away I got three audible beeps and and I saw a light flicker on the dash very briefly.
I believe it was the coolant level low indication(Diesel engine).
It says this is connected to the stop light.
If the low level sensor is playing up(coolant level is correct) could this be what is not letting the car start?
Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
do you mean stops as in the engine starts then stops
do you mean stops as in the engine stops turning over before it even starts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it starts then cuts out then the battery is probably fine. Sounds more like a fuel pressure issue to me. As in the system has enough pressure for a start, but doesn't build up more fast enough to keep it running, cranking the engine some more then builds up enough pressure to keep it going. Once it starts and runs is all ok?, apart from the low coolant light, which as has been said is a separate issue.
You need to address this before the weather gets cold, you might have real problems with cold starting when it gets colder.

Roger.
Yes the car runs fine once started.
Why will this be more of an issue when cold? Because it will need more fuel to start?

TRUSTME - the car starts momentarily but quickly shuts off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only very momentarily starts then shuts off.
I can immediately start the car after the failed attempt.
It hasn't done it again since the other day.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Could be 1 of 100 things shutting down the engine. Easiest thing would be to hook up to pp2000 - find out why its shutting down.

If you're going to keep the car - its worth purchasing the kit for yourself

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yes the car runs fine once started.
Why will this be more of an issue when cold? Because it will need more fuel to start?
Because the engine will crank more slowly when it is colder. So it may need a lot of churning over on very cold mornings, not good for the battery.

Roger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts