Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me what MPG they are getting out of their 2.0 110 HDI's please? Just got a 307 HDI, had it about 10 days.

Put 45 litres in & got 450 miles. = 45mpg??

Thats 80% motorway, 20% off motorway commuting.. Going roughly 60mph at all times. (tried to get good mpg to see what car will do)

Any suggestions on what can improve MPG? Clean my EGR valve, will this have any effect?

Open to anything to try get into the 50s. Supposedly the car should do 54? combined!! Im doing mainly motorway @ 60mph so was hoping for 60s!!

Cheers

·
11,766 Posts
I had the 90bhp and did a mix of motorway and local driving and never failed to get less than 550 miles per tank, 620 on long all motorway runs.

As for improving MPG, check and replace all filters, check all air pipes are secure and there are no leaks, tyres and pressures, no heavy objects in boot, all the usual stuff.

I do a pretty fixed drive every week. When I got my latest car I did the usual service after using a tankful of fuel. I got an extra 50 miles of fuel after the service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, sorry should of mentioned. All filters are new. Have heard a 'slight' whistling & reading here could possibly be DMF..... Dads gonna check it over in a week or so.

Think its gonna need the EGR cleaning anyway as god knows when it will of been cleaned, if ever!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i have a 2.0 90. i dont get much more then 40mpg.

the car runs like a dream and everythings been replaced. i can get upto 50mpg on a run but thats it

·
5,833 Posts
Turbo's do whistle to some extent on most 2.0 110, whoosh type noise is more common for leaking pipe/intercooler.

Normally weak/failing DMF's will squeek on start up/switch off.

I have a remapped 03 2.0 110 FAP 307SW I get around 42 MPG around town and 49 on a run and not hanging about. If i keep to 50-60 on a long motorway run i get high 50's mpg

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
45 is about average for any 2 litre hdi some get a bit more but 45 seems about right forget the official figures you never get them except driving like a grampa :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
On recent run "around" Europe, I got the equivalent to about 54MPG.
5.2L/100km around 5500km. That includes motorways, country roads and city driving
Locally it drops to 5.4L/100km means around 52MPG. Majority of the trips are along country roads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soooooo... Maybe give the EGR valve a clean, replace the DMF & a remap gives more MPG??

·
Registered
8 Posts
fuel

Hi its 307hdi you will be lucky to get more mpg you just live with it and fix it and fix it etc etc:( yours paul.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2003 110 hdi se with a remap and dpf removed. I get close to 35 around town and 55/58 at around 60 on the motorway. I can stil get high 40's at about 90ish

·
Registered
119 Posts
My run to work is B-roads and country lanes, which isnt terribly easy on the fuel. Currently getting 39 from mine according to the computer, however I think it underreads as I'll get 550 to 58l..

550mi / 58l = ~9.5
9.5 * 4.5 (convert to gallons) = 42.6 mpg.

Economy drops off in the winter cold - I was getting around 46mpg in the summer on the same run.

I'm concerned that I have EGR valve problems on my car though as it can hesitate sometimes when accelerating - which can lead to poor economy.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My run to work is B-roads and country lanes, which isnt terribly easy on the fuel. Currently getting 39 from mine according to the computer, however I think it underreads as I'll get 550 to 58l..

550mi / 58l = ~9.5
9.5 * 4.5 (convert to gallons) = 42.6 mpg.

Economy drops off in the winter cold - I was getting around 46mpg in the summer on the same run.

I'm concerned that I have EGR valve problems on my car though as it can hesitate sometimes when accelerating - which can lead to poor economy.

Cheers

sounds about the same as mine i get about 330 miles for 35 litres or 8 gallons
it is cold at the moment though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts