Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Father in law is getting lack of acceleration in 4th, 5th and 6th. He told me that 1st to 3rd has been fine but as soon as he goes in to 4th, no power. Won't go above 2,500rpm.
I went round to have a look with planet, he had intermittant turbo repeat sensor fault. I got him to go for a drive while i monitored parameters.
Soon as he changed into 4th and put foot down the boost pressure disapears. However this time turbo pressure did not return in 3rd down to 1st. We stopped car and fault was now permenant. cleared codes and started off again. Fault came back in 4th.

I suggested that it could be the repeat sensor (water ingress, etc) but keep reading posts that you have to have them set up properly.

It can't be a split pipe cos turbo pressure good in low gears.
It's not EGR as that was reading 0 when driving.
I want to suggest replacing the boost control electrovalve as it's prob easier and cheaper.
If that don't work probably into a garage to get repeat valve replaced (unless anyone can recommend DIY)

Some people have been quoted 9 hours labour for repeat valve which is probably half car value!

Anyone have any advise?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still haven't got this one sorted.
Is the repeat sensor on the turbo?
If so would a replacement turbo come with one and would it need setting up?
If not I think it would work out cheaper to get a recon turbo and fit it myself.

D

·
0 Posts
Still haven't got this one sorted.
Is the repeat sensor on the turbo?
If so would a replacement turbo come with one and would it need setting up?
If not I think it would work out cheaper to get a recon turbo and fit it myself.
The repeat sensor comes with the vacuum capsule on the turbo. That can be got seperate to the turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts