Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys and girls, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the ML6c Gearboxes attached the the HDi 136 engines.

The gearbox on my 2006 HDi cc has decided to take early retirement without giving me any planned notice,
on the drive into work this morning I felt the vibration and noise of a flat tyre but when I stopped and checked, the tyres and driveshafts appear fine.

When I went to drive away again, I realised I had no forward gears at all,only reverse...quite rude of the gearbox to give up like that really!

So I am now on the lookout for a replacement gearbox and I'm wondering if the 20mb25 off the 5008/rcz might be an option instead of the 20mbxx that is fitted? I thought of this box as those cars have a higher top speed and a lower rpm at maximum hp, so presumably longer gearing?

The reason I ask is that the sixth on this model seems much shorter than the two 2004my HDi 136s I had before this car (both had 20mb01 'boxes that had notchy fourth gears but long sixth), so it would seem safe to assume there are variants within the same casing?

Can anyone help with this quandary please so I can get the right replacement box?

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
All the 2 litre 6 speed boxes are the same in so much as they all use the same casings and internals but selectors may vary as will gearing as you mention so any box will fit as long as selector looks the same.

We used a 407 box to repair an expert box many years ago because we could not find an expert one all the 407 internals with expert selector.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, I suspected it was the case but in my 4am drive to work flavoured panic, I wasn't thinking very clearly...glad I asked here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts