Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have recently purchased a 136bhp 307 xsi, i have found that at about 1400-2000 revs the car seems to stop accelerating suddenly if the throttle is very lightly pressed. If you put your foot down it doesnt do it, this is my first turbo and first diesel just wondering if this is normal or not. I can take it back as i have a yrs warranty on it.

Thanks in advance for any comments...cheers:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am interested in this as well- i just got a 1.6 (110) HDi about 2 weeks ago and i have noticed somethning similar. I have been trying to replicate the problem, and exactly like you say- it happens about 1500 revs.

This weekend i have noticed it doesnt always happen, just most of the time.

I didnt know if i was just going in too high a gear, but i suspect it is something else.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
interesting. Is it a case of replacing this or cleaning it or something else?

What sort of price is a new one?

Any more information please

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am interested in this as well- i just got a 1.6 (110) HDi about 2 weeks ago and i have noticed somethning similar. I have been trying to replicate the problem, and exactly like you say- it happens about 1500 revs.

This weekend i have noticed it doesnt always happen, just most of the time.

I didnt know if i was just going in too high a gear, but i suspect it is something else.

Any ideas are much appreciated.
mine also doesnt do this all the time....just most!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A run does seem a good place to start. I did half an hour up the motorway and it has been fine for a week. It seems to be starting to happen again.

Im going for a 4 hour journey to visit family over xmas, that shouild shake the cobwebs off hopefully

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A run does seem a good place to start. I did half an hour up the motorway and it has been fine for a week. It seems to be starting to happen again.

Im going for a 4 hour journey to visit family over xmas, that shouild shake the cobwebs off hopefully
Has it been ok since

·
Registered
32 Posts
err yes and no, it seems to run ok now, but this last week i have twice got the old "Anti pollution fault" message.

Car drive fine and usually after a restart it dissapears, so i am not worrying too much about it just yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hows the car going, mines pretty much the same after 4 wks happens, take it for a run clears.

Just wondering what mpg u r getting on a run/scooting about

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just done a 4hour run this weekend and got 60.1 mpg so that seems fine.
Was in the garage a few weeks ago and they took the filters off (im not sure which ones like...) and gave them a good hose down. Same as you have said, i notice after a month of tootling around town that i need a good run up the motor way.

I have some EGR cleaner i am going to try and do that this week so i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went for a short run down the motorway and was only getting 45 mpg, only getting low 30s round town as well...think there is a problem with mine?

J

·
0 Posts
I went for a short run down the motorway and was only getting 45 mpg, only getting low 30s round town as well...think there is a problem with mine?
Probably about right :nod:

I don't know what mpg people seem to expect out of these cars :nono: .... reality is, in the real world they will not be as good as the claimed mpg in the handbook.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You have kind of answered your own question.....A good run is supposed to clear out the dpf (diesel particulate filter. Part of exhaust.) You said yourself the garage washed it out....Your supposed to do 20 mins at 4k or something like that but i personally would never take my car to 4k for that long....If your getting anti pollution message and then it clears after a good run i would get it hooked upto planet and see whats going on....As for not worrying too much when it clears....You wont be saying that when you have to spend somewhere in the region of £500-£1000 to put it right cause you left it too long....Just my 2p worth and i may be completely wrong....:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have kind of answered your own question.....A good run is supposed to clear out the dpf (diesel particulate filter. Part of exhaust.) You said yourself the garage washed it out....Your supposed to do 20 mins at 4k or something like that but i personally would never take my car to 4k for that long....If your getting anti pollution message and then it clears after a good run i would get it hooked upto planet and see whats going on....As for not worrying too much when it clears....You wont be saying that when you have to spend somewhere in the region of £500-£1000 to put it right cause you left it too long....Just my 2p worth and i may be completely wrong....:eek:
I asked the question as i have had no warning lights, no nothing and had the car since November it is just an observation....should i be worried?

Another member has had the problems in your answer not me.

Cheers

·
Registered
673 Posts
I asked the question as i have had no warning lights, no nothing and had the car since November it is just an observation....should i be worried?

Another member has had the problems in your answer not me.

Cheers
Ah my lack of concentration shines through again....apologies.....And yes you should be worried.... because you own a peugeot....:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts