Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I own a 52 plate 307 D turbo with 36K on clock owned for about 2 weeks now, love the car, checked it over top to bottom before buying etc! 'been caught out before on buying cars'.
The problem is that it's just developed a squak from the engine area when you flick the revs to about 1000 rpm or when you turn it off, had cambelt done to be on safe side and asked then to check all pullys etc all ok. So took car over a pit and dropped off guards underneath and the noise is from the gear box area. DMF on it's wayout (checked on google and read loads of other sites, big problem on these and if it's over 4 years old PSA wont do anything about it.

So to make a long story even longer :) has any fitted one of the new Valeo or LUK 4 part replacement clutch kits yet?? or one of their after market DMF. Is the 4 part kit ok to drive etc?????

Got to replace clutch soon otherwise bye to my gearbox and starter etc when flywheel explodes!!!

Thanks Gav

Update just contacted Valeo and LUK they don't do the solid coverstion kits yet, still in development:nono: Valeo do the DMF at a cost of about £400 plus the 3 part clutch @ £150 + VAT and then fitting, unless i do it myself. I cant believe it costs this much every time the clutch needs replacing. This has put me right off the HDI, same for VW Audi etc mind you!

·
Registered
862 Posts
gavo307 said:
Hi all

I own a 52 plate 307 D turbo with 36K on clock owned for about 2 weeks now, love the car, checked it over top to bottom before buying etc! 'been caught out before on buying cars'.
The problem is that it's just developed a squak from the engine area when you flick the revs to about 1000 rpm or when you turn it off, had cambelt done to be on safe side and asked then to check all pullys etc all ok. So took car over a pit and dropped off guards underneath and the noise is from the gear box area. DMF on it's wayout (checked on google and read loads of other sites, big problem on these and if it's over 4 years old PSA wont do anything about it.

So to make a long story even longer :) has any fitted one of the new Valeo or LUK 4 part replacement clutch kits yet?? or one of their after market DMF. Is the 4 part kit ok to drive etc?????

Got to replace clutch soon otherwise bye to my gearbox and starter etc when flywheel explodes!!!

Thanks Gav

Update just contacted Valeo and LUK they don't do the solid coverstion kits yet, still in development:nono: Valeo do the DMF at a cost of about £400 plus the 3 part clutch @ £150 + VAT and then fitting, unless i do it myself. I cant believe it costs this much every time the clutch needs replacing. This has put me right off the HDI, same for VW Audi etc mind you!
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your 306. Try this site you might find what you are looking for at a better price http://www.pugspares.co.uk/main.asp

the 306 eats clutches and for some reason the hdi's are the worse

1 - 2 of 2 Posts